Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144518 times)

Alright ive got a problem, my weapon is invisible O.o How do i fix this?

I mentioned this in the tutorial, you need to parent your mesh to an empty named Detail32, and then parent that empty to another empty called Shape. Then it'll pop up in 3rd person.

wait how do i go around the object?...

hold your mouse wheel and drag..

I was wondering where you save the .DTS exporter to, because i want to convert my vehicle into an add0on

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! :cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I was wondering where you save the .DTS exporter to, because i want to convert my vehicle into an add0on
If you run Vista, the directory to save it in is:
C:\Users\(youraccount)\Application Data\Roaming\Blender Foundation\.blender\scripts

If you run XP, the directory to save it in is:
C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blender Foundation\.blender\scripts

This bone also has to be parented to detail32, parent the whole object. Not just the one bone, well pretty much because you can't.

What does that mean? Does it mean that the object has to be parented to the bone, then the bone to detail32? Or is it the object is parented to the bone AND detail32 and the bone is also parented to detail32. What am I supposed to do?

I've read your tutorials thuroughly, I've read other tutorials, I've searched the web, I've only seen 1 other person with this problem, when I export the file I get this:

Exporting...
 Writing shape to  'C:\Users\Jarod\Desktop\games\blockland stuff\Add-on making\Blender\.blender\soccerparenting1.dts'.
 Processing...
       Warning : Shape contains no detail levels!
 > Shape Details
    > Nodes
      ^^ Bone [Exp-Catch-Root] (parent -1)
    > Objects
    > Materials
    > Detail Levels
    > Internal Sequences
 Writing out DTS...
 Done.
 Finished.

I've been working on this thing for at least a month now, no one has been able to solve this problem yet, help?

What does that mean? Does it mean that the object has to be parented to the bone, then the bone to detail32? Or is it the object is parented to the bone AND detail32 and the bone is also parented to detail32. What am I supposed to do?

I worded it strangely. The bone is part of an object, and in order for you to do animation you have to animate the one bone so that it controls whatever is parented to it. So select the armature, go into pose mode and then select the object you want to animate, and parent it to the bone (while the bone is in pose mode) and click parent to bone, not armature or object. Yes when you select the other object it will exit out of pose mode, but when you select it again it'll just re-enter what you left off with.

After that you can just parent the armature to the detail32, doesn't matter if you're in pose mode or not because you can't parent individual bones to objects, the whole armature gets parented to it.

I've read your tutorials thuroughly, I've read other tutorials, I've searched the web, I've only seen 1 other person with this problem, when I export the file I get this:

Exporting...
 Writing shape to  'C:\Users\Jarod\Desktop\games\blockland stuff\Add-on making\Blender\.blender\soccerparenting1.dts'.
 Processing...
       Warning : Shape contains no detail levels!
 > Shape Details
    > Nodes
      ^^ Bone [Exp-Catch-Root] (parent -1)
    > Objects
    > Materials
    > Detail Levels
    > Internal Sequences
 Writing out DTS...
 Done.
 Finished.

I've been working on this thing for at least a month now, no one has been able to solve this problem yet, help?

It has something to do with detail32, one of your objects isn't parented to it or maybe the detail32 isn't parented to shape. Check again, if you can't solve it then send me the file.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:12:37 PM by DarkStar »

Ok here is how the file is parented:
Sphere.001-Col0
Col0-Shape
Detail32-Shape

I know in your tutorial it said to have everything parented to Detail32, but how can I do that when I need The sphere parented to Col0 and Col0 to Shape? Can they have multiple parents?

If you actually have legs and arms and everything is connected, you have to parent the model to the bones and then click create bones from heat.
???

EDIT: Oh I see now, nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:23:35 PM by BobAndRob »

Ok here is how the file is parented:
Sphere.001-Col0
Col0-Shape
Detail32-Shape

I know in your tutorial it said to have everything parented to Detail32, but how can I do that when I need The sphere parented to Col0 and Col0 to Shape? Can they have multiple parents?

did you try parenting Col0 to Detail32, then that to Shape?
and Sphere.001 should be named Col, assuming you are going to use it as the collision "box".

When I try to export the animation, I hit on the sequences tab but nothing appears.

did you try parenting Col0 to Detail32, then that to Shape?
and Sphere.001 should be named Col, assuming you are going to use it as the collision "box".

yea I realized I made that mistake, still getting the same error message though.

I'm not sure about you guys but Im using blender 2.49 and all has been well apart from getting my player to hold the gun correctly. First of the gun is upside down and not actually where his hand is. On your tutorial about naming bones I can't seem to get that box saying bone I can get the obj and par (parent).

What do you think?

Press "n" for transform properties

Yeh I did,however it only shows the object and what its parented to. (An some other unsesscary decimal XYZ crap).