Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144539 times)

I did everything like you said, but I have inaccurate lighting. Anything you would recommend to get rid of that problem?

I did everything like you said, but I have inaccurate lighting. Anything you would recommend to get rid of that problem?

While in edit mode, go into editing tab (F9) and go into the panel called Mesh Tools More. Then enable draw normals, they should all be pointing out. If they're not, fix them. You can also hit alt s while selecting the mesh in object more, and then scaling back down in edit mode. And if you have backwards lighting, rotate it in object mode and rotate back in edit mode. If none of that works then I dunno.

Yeh I did,however it only shows the object and what its parented to. (An some other unsesscary decimal XYZ crap).

Go into edit mode while having the armature selected, and then select your bone again.
???

Also called weight painting. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Modelling/Meshes/Weight_Paint
Ok here is how the file is parented:
Sphere.001-Col0
Col0-Shape
Detail32-Shape

I know in your tutorial it said to have everything parented to Detail32, but how can I do that when I need The sphere parented to Col0 and Col0 to Shape? Can they have multiple parents?

No, col0 is your collision box, your collision box should just be a cube. Parent your actual mesh to Detail32.
When I try to export the animation, I hit on the sequences tab but nothing appears.

The bone you animated must be parented to Detail32.

But how can my collision box be a cube when I'm making a soccer ball...that rolls...?

Anyway I fixed the parenting thing, now it just shows up as a shadow in-game, here is the updated parenting etc:

Col-Col0-Shape
Detail32-Shape

So "Shape" isn't the actual mesh named? Is "Shape" supposed to be another empty? After I make it an empty (if that is the case) I think I should have this down, Thank you for all this help Darkstar, I appreciate it.

yes detail32 and shape are empties, and your model can be named whatever.
Make the collision box a cube still, because that won't affect the meshes physics with the surroundings, only for you which means the ball will roll around and everything, based on what the shape is like.
I guess you could make the collision a very low poly sphere but from all the things I read about collision meshes, people suggest you stick with a cube or a cone.

Thank you so much DarkStar, I had no idea it was this easy after I went back and re-made this! I plan on making a weapon next, hopefully I won't have any problems, and again thank you.

For some reason, all of my add-ons refuse to show any shadows. What's going on?

BTW is that picture in your signature funny or just a really un-subtle hint?

For some reason, all of my add-ons refuse to show any shadows. What's going on?

BTW is that picture in your signature funny or just a really un-subtle hint?

you have to enable triangle strips when you're exporting.

and my avatar is supposed to be a snowflake with blockheads.

you have to enable triangle strips when you're exporting.
Thanks! That worked.

Oh, and my animation seems to not be working. I know I did the Blender stuff right, but what do I put in the .cs script to activate it? It's a reload script.

How do I delete actions? So empty ones wont show up in the exporter...

BTW I mean the signiture when you click on your name or profile. Is "Hey, Darkstar, you have 500 new messages, 0 are new" a joke or a major hint not to PM you?

Well for the script you should get help from somebody else, I just explain how to work with blender.

Delete your animations by pressing X and then reloading the save, it clears.

Nah I'm just showing off my pms. I get a lot.

In animation, how do I make an object disappear/ reappear? Like GCat's RPG reloading.
Delete your animations by pressing X and then reloading the save, it clears.
Sadly, that didn't work. It managed to reappear somehow

In animation, how do I make an object disappear/ reappear? Like GCat's RPG reloading.Sadly, that didn't work. It managed to reappear somehow

if the F beside it is enabled, disable it and then do what I said again.

for disappearing and reappearing I'm not sure, maybe you can try hide it somewhere by scaling it down and moving it.

Thank you DarkStar.

I dedicate my old fashion bomb which got 3rd place in the RTB weekly top picks to you DarkStar because this tutorial is just what I needed to be able to model it.

On a different note: When modeling players, what do we need to do in order to have part of the player's model bend forward and backward when looking up and down. Also, what do we do to make the eyeNode?

to make the player model bend up and down, you need to make a dsq sequence called look.dsq. The animation starts with whatever you want to move when the player looks, looking up, and then skip some frames (20 should be good) and make him look down, as far as you want.

For the eye node, make a bone named eye and parent to detail32.

I'm stuck on how to make a turret. That's attached to another vehicle. Help?

I'm stuck on how to make a turret. That's attached to another vehicle. Help?
A turret is a playertype that is mounted to a vehicle. Just pretend the turret would be a player. You have to include these things though

mount0 - where the person sits on the turret,

mount2 - Where to turret is mounted to the vehicle. IE the base of the turret.