Author Topic: [Tutorial]Making Add-Ons With Blender(Not Modeling)  (Read 144485 times)

When I made a vehicle spawn and.. tried to spawn the vehicle I made, the game crashed out of sudden.
Any idea what was wrong?
Btw, I didn't change material on any of the objects. I don't know what to name the material for the part that should be colorable.
Edit: PAGE SNYAPH!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:16:40 AM by LeetZero »

Why some textures not showing up when I export them?

Well how does it look when you spawn it?
When I made a vehicle spawn and.. tried to spawn the vehicle I made, the game crashed out of sudden.
Any idea what was wrong?
Btw, I didn't change material on any of the objects. I don't know what to name the material for the part that should be colorable.
Edit: PAGE SNYAPH!
Do you have a collision box, and is it parented right? Usually if the game crashes it's because of the collision box.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:05:40 PM by DarkStar »

The animating isn't working for me.

I press I then LocRot but no keyframes show up in the current animation.

Whatisthis?

The animating isn't working for me.

I press I then LocRot but no keyframes show up in the current animation.

Whatisthis?
I don't know, that doesn't happen.

I don't know, that doesn't happen.
It's really strange.

I have the bone selected in pose mode and press I but hit LocRot but nothing shows up in the current animation.

I'm in the action editor.

How do you rename the Empty? It only comes up with Object mode when I select it.
Nevermind I just figured it out

Im making a vehicle that will only have 1 wheel. First of all is this possible? and if it is, how do I make it so I can turn without having the actual wheel itself turn (Like you did with the segway)?

Also, I know the names of the wheel mounts that go on the vehicle, but what do you put for the point it mounts to on the wheel itself? More with the wheels, do you need a Collision mesh? How do I set an animation (On the wheels) to play only when the player is ON the vehicle? (Maybe you could just add a "wheels" sub-section to the tutorial?

EDIT: Figured the strike'd stuff out alone.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:15:19 PM by takato14 »

Thanks, this is helping a lot! I could probably make the whole Quake 2 weapon pack with this as a reference guide.

Also, does it matter if the armature is away from the model? Or do I have to move those across next to the model?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:08:24 PM by Dominator »

Thanks, this is helping a lot! I could probably make the whole Quake 2 weapon pack with this as a reference guide.

Also, does it matter if the armature is away from the model? Or do I have to move those across next to the model?
Which armature? If its mount point, it needs to be inside the handle. Muzzlepoint needs to be at the muzzle. [/nolovingwai:O] Otherwise, you're fine. If you're doing a weapon, that is.

Which armature? If its mount point, it needs to be inside the handle. Muzzlepoint needs to be at the muzzle. [/nolovingwai:O] Otherwise, you're fine. If you're doing a weapon, that is.

Yes, I'm doing a shotgun.

Im making a vehicle that will only have 1 wheel. First of all is this possible? and if it is, how do I make it so I can turn without having the actual wheel itself turn (Like you did with the segway)?

Also, I know the names of the wheel mounts that go on the vehicle, but what do you put for the point it mounts to on the wheel itself? More with the wheels, do you need a Collision mesh? How do I set an animation (On the wheels) to play only when the player is ON the vehicle? (Maybe you could just add a "wheels" sub-section to the tutorial?)
Important info here folks.

Also, I got my vehicle in-game with no issues, except my tires arent working. Meaning, I dont have any wheels on my vehicle when I spawn it. :U

Remember that there is only one wheel and the only wheel mount I have is hub2, is that incorrect?

EDIT: I just tried using my wheels on the jeep and they work (Sort of xP), I cannot get any wheels to attach to my vehicle for some reason.

DOUBLE EDIT: I also changed it to hub0 isntead of hub2. Its still not working. My wheels are, however. (on the jeep)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:00:52 PM by takato14 »

It's really strange.

I have the bone selected in pose mode and press I but hit LocRot but nothing shows up in the current animation.

I'm in the action editor.
You need to have the action editor window to your right (example shown) and you hit I with your cursor in the model view window. That will make your keys insert.

My layout for when I animate:

(ignore the MSPaint stuff, its just laziness to not upload another picture :P)

Alright, I fixed all of the issues mounting the wheel. Only two problems I cant fix:
1:Its loving impossible to drive. Can I have invisible wheels along with the one I have, or can one vehicle have only one type of wheel?
2: My wheel moves; I want it to work like you did the segway.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:40:42 PM by takato14 »

-snip-

How did you paint it?

Also, I'm having some problems with the model in-game. I'm sure the gun is small enough in Blender, but it comes up like this in-game:

I have no idea what the hell is up with the shine on it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:30:22 PM by Dominator »

Alright, I fixed all of the issues mounting the wheel. Only two problems I cant fix:
1:Its loving impossible to drive. Can I have invisible wheels along with the one I have, or can one vehicle have only one type of wheel?
2: My wheel moves; I want it to work like you did the segway.
I had the same problem on the segway but eventually what I did is I made 4 wheel mount points, but made the front 2 invisible. So the ones that you don't see are the ones that steer it and you just see the back ones.
You could try and do that for yours, although I'm not sure what you can do to only have 1 visible wheel. Maybe you could have hub0-3 around the vehicle to keep balance and to steer, and set their wheel to be empty.dts and then just put hub4 in the middle where you need it.
How did you paint it?

Also, I'm having some problems with the model in-game. I'm sure the gun is small enough in Blender, but it comes up like this in-game:

I have no idea what the hell is up with the shine on it.
It's cause you assigned the textures improperly. Don't use the materials buttons, just use UV editor, and your textures have to be a square of 8x8,16x16,32x32,64x64 etc.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:15:18 PM by DarkStar »