Author Topic: Wiki: Blockland  (Read 23039 times)

Other articles don't follow the rules, but they are already proven notable. Blockland is still proving notability.

P.S the globe and mail article is full of mistakes. Blockland free?!

Quote from: Wikipedia Page
Back in the early days of beta, Blockland was written about in an article on Globe and Mail where Eric claimed 20,000 people had downloaded Blockland in the 10 days since it "became big."

Quote from: Reference
^ "Globe and Mail". 2005. Retrieved on 2009-04-25.

Cool, now we have a biased and illiterate douchebag trying to have our page deleted.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:25:37 PM by Ephialtes »

OK...so we need a third party site with up-to-date information.

Lets just build one...you could even make such a page as part of the RTB site, just recreate the info and cite it as a source.

Citing an official source is legitimate.

If you're mentioning the mission statement of the EPA, you don't copy it off the director's geocities website or an article in Pravda, you cite epa.gov. If you're stating the range of a car, you pull it off of the manufacturer's website, not CNN.

Anything posted by badspot specifying anything in the game, stating information on future content or updates, about where he wants to take the game, pricing, etc, is fine.

That bit about him being invited to work at Lego isn't, but it  doesn't belong in the article anyway.

I'm going to rewrite the section on mods to mention rtb eventually. The rtb server stats will support any claims I make about importance, and from there I can cite blog posts for any references required.

Putting aside all of gordon's whining, I have to admit the current article is in pretty bad shape. Mainly because you people never bother reading the edits you're making.

Print out the article. Circle every grammar, spelling, or style mistake you find. If you didn't find at least 6 (and there are more), you're part of the problem.
Hint: most of them are comma splices and other forms of comma abuse

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:05:44 PM by Wedge »

Gordon, just leave. You're a pompous dumbass. You can't get your head out of your ass long enough to realize that you're not accomplishing anything here.

He's managed to fuel a rage fest but that's about it.

The "Development" part needs work asap.

Gordon, just leave. You're a pompous dumbass. You can't get your head out of your ass long enough to realize that you're not accomplishing anything here.

lol, I'm not trying to do anything other then work on Wikipedia. You guys took a minor problem and made it a huge fight, which I find Hilarious.

lol, I'm not trying to do anything other then work on Wikipedia. You guys took a minor problem and made it a huge fight, which I find Hilarious.
You tampered with something important to us.  I find your absolute stupidity to be rather insulting.

stuff guys, roblox is loving with us again.

Well sir, I know that this whole thing is bullstuff. If you wish it to be edited, screw off. We will do so as the community of the game sees fit. Leave it to the processes and let the others edit it as you said they would. Clearly we are not going to follow anything under your saying and clearly we would wish to get this over with. If it is deleted, let it be. If it is not, still, the door is to your top right of your screen. Click it and proceed to never come back.

Wait, nevermind someone fixed it YAY!

By reading your post one picture is coming trough my mind.

Just change "this picture" with "gordonrox24's post".

And this "fight" actually just began because of you, obviously.

It's like someone said on the previous pages. If you are so dedicated to helping it getting back into shape, then you should of posted a topic here, people would of got to work on it instantly. Filing it for deletion isn't helping.

Cool, now we have a biased and illiterate douchebag trying to have our page deleted.
What do we expect these days? Frankly, I'd be surprised if they could.

Oh and Wedge, geocities is going down.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:09:25 PM by Ronin »

Sockpuppeting is not to be tolerated

One exception to the principle of assume good faith concerns the use of sockpuppets. This tactic is commonly employed by vandals and bad-faith contributors who create multiple user accounts in an attempt to bias the decision process. A close variation is to enlist "meatpuppets", people from outside Wikipedia to "run in" (for example, if my article about a web forum is up for deletion and I post a call for other forum members to "help keep our website in Wikipedia"). Signs of these tactics are that a contributor's account was created after discussion began, that a contributor has few edits or that a contributor's other edits have been vandalism. Other Wikipedians will draw attention to such facts and may even recommend deletion simply because apparent sock- or meat-puppets piled in with "do not delete" or other similar comments.

that was from wiki i read it over and read it over
but I'm kinda confused if they don't care or if they care
can someone help T-T and don't flame