Author Topic: Wiki: Blockland  (Read 22839 times)

The best response would be to update the page with factual content backed by decent sources. I'd cut out most of the history involving TBM and the other mods, or perhaps give them their own section.

More images might help as well.

Hello,

I am the one who put it up for deletion. yes, I play roblox, and I play Blockland. Big woop.

I am a dedicated Wikipedian, I edit everyday.

The blockland article is in a sad state. The references are crap. We have one references as a youtube video, and even one linked right back to the blockland forum. that isn't allowed on Wikipedia. One of the references is a small two sentance paragraph, and the Shack is the only decent one. Even  the video provided on the AFD discussion is from badspot's own website, which isn't allowed on Wikipedia.

I am willing to help fix it, if we can prove notabilty. For now, it is at AFD.

isn't it weird how whenever someone starts talking about someone either a: DAMN inactive or b: not even signed up on the forums

he pops up instantly

i can't find anything on wikipedia about not linking to forums or youtube

Badspot

• Administrator
Even  the video provided on the AFD discussion is from badspot's own website, which isn't allowed on Wikipedia.

The video in question is from G4/TechTV.  It is hosted on my site but my site is not the source.  You know this and you're just being difficult on purpose. 

Also for statements like "Blockland has physics" a video of the physics in action is the most direct source you can have.  By your standard, a picture of the moon is not valid evidence that it exists.

Badspot

• Administrator
and I play Blockland.
I checked the logs - you don't have a Blockland account.

You are either A: a liar or B: a pirate.

Which one is it?

well, since it's either damn hard or completely and utterly impossible to pirate blockland without either getting your ass kicked or just failing outright-

By your standard, a picture of the moon is not valid evidence that it exists.
A++ will laugh at again.

who's Ben Garney(developer)?

ha! badspot double posted.

who's Ben Garney(developer)?

ha! badspot double posted.
kompressor.
Oh and nice ninja edit.

kompressor.
Oh and nice ninja edit.
aah. ok.

and, i know. ninja skills

By your standard, a picture of the moon is not valid evidence that it exists.
WIN.

omg badspot u n00b u doubled posted ima report u n00b. :cookieMonster:

For youtube vidoes, you can ask questions; like I already have here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard

I wish we could use youtube. I really do. That would make life so much easier. I was told at the noticeboard, and then again by an administrator that youtube can olny be used if it is a reliable video. Meaning not made by a user. Also, a reliable video means it can not be by the developer, as that can be challenged for advertisement.

I have played the Demo for a while, and posted on the forums, so I just assumed that the account I am posting on is a Blockland account. Guess not, sorry.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=4374.0

That as a reference is not acceptable, as it is not third party.

The g4tv reference is a small paragraph. Nice, but not enough to support a whole article, and Shack news;I like. It's great.

If more sources like the shack news can be found, this article can be great. I am a Wikipedian first. It is what I do. I am going to try and help, but as I said; an article written like this one isn't Wikipedia quality.

Thanks guys

Since when do we live in an world where ANYTHING needs do be perfect?