Author Topic: The Development of Age of Time...  (Read 33747 times)

I havent been here that long but still I think Badspot should be getting input from us on what we want and he should see with us what ideas we like or hate and for what reason.
     So if you want to make suggestions or speculations or outcries or anything of the sort over new developments or ones yet to come, post them here.

Initially, the Prophets of Malhadia and Azura started me thinking of truly making the "RPG" so that the RP has meaning, making a story et cetera.

Secondly, although this is somewhat different, I have been trying to find a way to make CTF or something like that work in AoT, as a competition for us to take part in when we run out of anything to do but make every possible shield clothing and whatever in the game.

New challenges, hats, ball-in-a-box/instaball that you can pick up and throw about

more magic and wand not fingers,food that you can make to heal people and horse more horses more kind of weapons wild horses or maybe a  :panda: you can ride and buy and bake  :cookie: and find  :cookieMonster: or make  :iceCream: or  :nes: there still more
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 05:14:31 AM by dink »

Some reason to kill those annoying orcs other than 7 gold. Some reason to go out and get stuff rather than hitting crates to no end, blowing up trees to no end, and looking for rocks to no end. I have no purpose in my life...

I was thinking a total update, where Starboard takes more purpose and where both towns are larger and farther apart.  Then we could have wars between them or monster attacks... this would be hard to code...
    and also make it so meteor showers occur at a random location within a slightly smaller ring than the tree/fiber/chest/rock spawning so that it isnt all at port thats a main reason port is so favored.

I really want big wars. Outlaw dynamite and such, but a team of crossbowmen and swordsmen against a similar team would be awesome. Strip everyone of items during the match and give them either a basic shield and sword or a basic crossbow, maybe both. Fight off somewhere in the wilderness or a seperate area.

Before all that, though, set some kind of team mechanic. I hate the volcano with any more than just me because the balls fly everywhere in there. Definitely would be nice to stop damaging people you don't want to.

Then it would be nice to have a basic record of stats, like displaying your total arrests, total captures, total kills, etc.

Fill in the empty spots in the buildings in both port and starboard and add stuff to the already existing areas before expanding the world at all. Maybe up the number of rocks out there.

Some method of getting stronger over time, maybe just have it be so you can wield stronger weapons rather than just increasing strength. More varieties of weapons, as well, or at least more variances on already existing ones. Like a crossbow with a 3-shot spread, or a sword with a short range that attacks faster.

wow, brainstorm.

All in good time ferret but i believe that we should let the opposition speak as well? (lolz im supposed to be asleep)

THEY SHALL BE SILENT

and I'm not wasting the night I get to stay up late.

EDIT: Of course, this is just a game and thus a waste of time, but w/e.

For some reason im supposed to be asleep, man my keyboard and mouse seem noisy... anyway leave the war ideas out of this and the multi fire is for the arbuquise or however you spell it.

I BET BADSPOT IS NOT going to look at this topic

I think that something similar to the arena, but larger and you can somehow form teams would be neat.

I think that something similar to the arena, but larger and you can somehow form teams would be neat.

CTF

InsaneChef

Something in Fort Bad would be great. I once played a 'game' called Capture the Castle with a friend (self explanatry) and enjoyed it. Something in stone would be better though.

Me and Snakey have tried to play in Fort Bad before, one of us defends it from inside and the other one has to come up and kill the defender, then take over, the previous defender spawns at the Tavern and takes the role of attacker.

We once played with others, too. It's very fun, the only problem is the fact that annoying rocket orcs spawn there and it pretty much spoils the fun altogether.

Yeah you have to get past the defender to take over the castle then you have to kill the rocket orcs to get to a defense point xD