Author Topic: Laptop Suggestions  (Read 796 times)

Hey,
    I'm getting a laptop soon, yet couldn't really find anything that suited my needs. Anyways, what I was looking for is something reliable and would be used for some high level processes like Photoshop/painting and gaming, yet some not so high level processes like web surfing, web dev, and other coding. My budget is loosely $1,500 ;) Thanks.

Spend $1000 on a laptop, and by god, buy some insurance for it. I used to have a good gaming laptop and it broke. Now I have a computer that is the stuff at gaming.

Should I just get a desktop and a netbook? I have no experience in building and/or picking them out >> A laptop's portability would be nice.

Dell gives you the most laptop for your money.

Get extended warranty (the kind that covers theft and accidental damage)

Edit: but if you don't need a a laptop don't get one, you get twice (some times more) as much  performance out of a desktop for the same price. Think about if you just want a status symbol that really kinda sucks performance and storage wise or a nice PC.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:16:41 AM by zz_tophat »

Should I just get a desktop and a netbook? I have no experience in building and/or picking them out >> A laptop's portability would be nice.

Aye.

Should I just get a desktop and a netbook?
That's what I'm doing.
I custom built my own PC not too long ago, and now I'm saving up for a Lenovo IdeaPad netbook.

Why don't you ask trader about a laptop radial.   :cookieMonster:

Bump.
Why don't you ask trader about a laptop radial.   :cookieMonster:
lolol fu

I always thought having a netbook would be cool.