Author Topic: New Weapon: GShotgun  (Read 23493 times)

What exactly did he do? The only script in there is copied character-for-character from the Sawn-Off Shotgun (like all other shotgun add-ons that have been made)
I didn't copy your code.

Edit: I inspected your code to see how a shotgun works, used some code from it. If you didn't want people "stealing" code from you then don't release anything.

He does have a history of stealing things...
Seriously, just kidding, although my TDM build is not crap.
it's not bad, but not the best.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:07:57 PM by Snip3r »

I didn't copy your code.

Edit: I inspected your code to see how a shotgun works, used some code from it. If you didn't want people "stealing" code from you then don't release anything.

Its not a problem when people look at the code and use it, but when they claim they wrote it - that's when it gets into the "theft" territory and that's when add-ons get failed. You seem to have just stripped out the useful bits like the reload-hack prevention and left it with the spread and kickback. Nice.

Its not a problem when people look at the code and use it, but when they claim they wrote it - that's when it gets into the "theft" territory and that's when add-ons get failed. You seem to have just stripped out the useful bits like the reload-hack prevention and left it with the spread and kickback. Nice.
Well I don't know what to say. Why did you approve it before on RTB?

Edit: Anyways I just added you to the credits for the spread code ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:37:59 AM by Snip3r »

I like the description.

You came to my server to tell me that "why should I give credit for a crap build?" over and over.  Why heck did you use it (without credit) if you thought it was crap?

Then you listed off a bunch of people who aren't your friends (even though you said they were), or if they were, they were definitely not respected members in the community, that according to you would say that my build is crap, while if you looked in the gallery topic a lot of people really like it.  Obviously, you're just an idiot who doesn't want to admit to being wrong and therefore puts down other people and their work, so screw you.

You came to my server to tell me that "why should I give credit for a crap build?" over and over.  Why heck did you use it (without credit) if you thought it was crap?

Then you listed off a bunch of people who aren't your friends (even though you said they were), or if they were, they were definitely not respected members in the community, that according to you would say that my build is crap, while if you looked in the gallery topic a lot of people really like it.  Obviously, you're just an idiot who doesn't want to admit to being wrong and therefore puts down other people and their work, so screw you.
Um yeah, those people were my friends.

I used your build because I didn't feel like building stuff and I had no builds that size I could have used.

Edit: I never said I made it. I never knew who made it. Get over it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:41:13 AM by Snip3r »

Both of you should just stop. To end this for both of you: Snip3r, don't steal things and take credit for it. You seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Duckmeister, does it really hurt you that bad if he uses your build? That means that he thinks that it is good. There, stop the internet arguing.

On topic:
Stolen script, one colored model that hides all detail, and highly overpowered. The model is also pretty large. That a good summary?

That's why in my landmine I credited MeltingPlastic for the vehicle spawn thing (he got it from zombies, but that's besides the point)

Both of you should just stop. To end this for both of you: Snip3r, don't steal things and take credit for it. You seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Duckmeister, does it really hurt you that bad if he uses your build? That means that he thinks that it is good. There, stop the internet arguing.

On topic:
Stolen script, one colored model that hides all detail, and highly overpowered. The model is also pretty large. That a good summary?
Overpowered?

Ephialtes' Shotgun is overpowered. Not only does it send you flying across the map but also the bullets have little spread and travel at such high speeds that you can almost snipe people with it. 2/3 shots in you and you're dead.

Dude read above posts. I didn't steal the whole thing. Basically all I used is the spread code and I looked at the states for ejecting 1 shell after x shots, the rest was a stripped and some parts recoded of the gun script.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:42:40 AM by Snip3r »

I don't mind it's just I only used part of MeltingPlastic's code too. No offense.

i think its not bad...well i just like to tell ppl that there add-ons are good when there actually kind of crappy...but yours is good....nice work!  :cookie: for you

bullets are kick @$$, but i think it needs more damage
out. now.

It can be glitched with the "Q" glitch, allowing it to fire several times per second.
Unless there was an update
thats a great glitch, i do it with snipers if that sniper is able to.

Basically all I used is the spread code and I looked at the states for ejecting 1 shell after x shots, the rest was a stripped and some parts recoded of the gun script.

And Ephi doesn't mind that too much, what he minds is the fact that you gave him no credit for the code you "borrowed".