Author Topic: Transport Tycoon Deluxe +OpenTTD  (Read 26727 times)

Server status: OFFLINE
Game name: Blockland-Bisjac
connect to IP 173.29.191.38 if game not listed
Password: emily
Game Type: Players skilled enough to not bankrupt themselves in an hour. This isn't a practice game, or will we teach you to play this game. Dont spam failed companies here.
(if your actually learning, ask questions in this thread or by instant messaging me, NOT forum PMing)
Game version: 0.7.2, dont forget to update if you haven't yet.

Today's game:
10 planes max
300 road vehicles max
200 trains max
100 boats max
-----
low cities
medium industry's
tropical/desert map
flat map
medium water map
-----

Today's game rules:
no buying city transport rights
no loving with terrain spam if your rich and bored
no taking of other player's goods and food they produced
respect other player's claimed producers (not mail and passengers)

Favored city:

we all usually play with the unwritten rule; that at one point you develop heavily around 1 or 2 nearby cities, and pretty much don't want other players to share it.
please respect this, as players put a lot of money and work into making a city like them back. there are few hundred cities, im sure we can work around each other lol.

train training lesson 1
http://bisjac.net/bisjac/pages/lesson1.html

Deluxe is the enhanced version of the original TT back in 95. Now abandon ware, an open source copy remake called OpenTTD offers new AI, graphics, mapping and vehicle algorithms. This was the first Tycoon game, back in the day.

Download the plain game http://bisjac.net/bisjac/files/ttdlx.rar install by simply hitting "setup" within the zip
Patch that install with the newest openTTD version, http://www.openttd.org/en/download-stable

- The game's default port is 3979, you would need to forward to host a net game.
- in game you can browse/download/install and use graphics that are submitted to the Openttd server.
- game can be played in any screen resolution, at full screen or window, manual stretch window size.
- there can be 250 people in a single game, however there can only be 15 companies(teams) so more then 15 people would share building, or just join servers as spectators
- map editor is included
- can easily create dedicated servers, with all the console command control needed. a very lightweight game, a massive 32 player map that's all built up with a thousand vehicles, only runs near 50m on my computer. Ive ran a dozen dedicated servers once, while downloading things all day, and there wasn't lag.

Trains are the most fun to use. can create massive complex junctions and stations, with many in and outgoing trains dodging each other. using properly setup signals in a maze network of track.

Me and rug build our HQ on an island we raised outside of our fav city. helicopters visiting for fun.

The towns on game eventually grow into huge cities on their own, depending how you deliver and transport to and from them.
larger cities have differing needs for goods and higher populations demand faster trans later in game.

road vehicles are fun to watch crowd up a city. cheap and great for starting out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:22:44 PM by Bisjac »

I first discovered OpenTTD on Installer as a random game on my iPod Touch (jailbreak).
I played with it for quite a few hours, it's very fun. Got the plain game files off of my iPod Touch onto my PC, downloaded OpenTTD for PC and played it for quite a few hours with somebody (forgot who, this was about a year ago).

I love Tycoon games, downloading :o

I love Tycoon games, downloading :o
We play together nao.
I just redownloaded it onto my iPod Touch :D

im hosting a server now.
search internet games for "Blockland"
password to join is "cat"
create new company instead of joining someone elses, it would be less annoying to them lol

this will be a host of the version 0.7.0 of the standard openttd mod (the links i have bolded up there)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:09:18 AM by Bisjac »

tomorrow i will have up a server for blocklanders. (its to late right now,. no one else is on)
get a few of us together, learn everyone how to do stuff.
That's a real tycoon :o

Does anybody know of a way to manually change the screen resolution, like by editing a file or something?
The people who created OpenTTD for the iPod Touch set it to 640x340, while the iPod's screen resolution is 320x480...

no clue about the ipod version

no clue about the ipod version
It's pretty much the exact same as the PC/Mac version.
Also, the damn people who made this didn't even bother upgrading OpenTTD, so Blockland has a "VERSION MISMATCH" error.

Disregard this
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:27:28 AM by NickTheSushi »

yah i got a game open with packer so far

Do I run OpenTTD or TTD?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:27:51 AM by NickTheSushi »

Gah forget it, I'm just downloading it to my PC.
Apparantly the iPod Touch version doesn't even exist, and is a bunch of jumbled letters/numbers instead of 0.7.0.

Here's the crazy version my iPod Touch has:
r15332M

what.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:40:38 AM by Miga »

that version is a "nightly's" version. that secondary game patch
and a very old one at that

that version is a "nightly's" version. that secondary game patch
and a very old one at that
Gah, that has to figure. On the old iPod Touch Firmware (1.1.x), before Apple recreated how apps work for the App Store, they actually used a version that wasn't a "nightly's" version. I could even host a server from it and have people join it.