11 (36.7%)
Don't really know.
10 (33.3%)
Horrible.
1 (3.3%)
loving horrible.
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: New computer stats. :o Post yours too.  (Read 2913 times)

This is the DXdiag check on my new computer. One bad thing is: It's Vista. And I've crashed 8 times on it.

Had Vista for two years now, haven't crashed once.

anyway my machine:

(and yes, it does include those two people.)

And it's powered by one plug that's on the ceiling!?

And it's powered by one plug that's on the ceiling!?
Must be.

Well, the PC I'm getting:

CPU Intel core I7 920 @ 2.66 Ghz
RAM 6 GB DDR3 2000
GPU Nvidia GTX 285 1GB
1 TB HDD
Vista Home premium 64bit. Windows 7 Ultimate (RC) 64 bit

Edit: Theres no purty good option
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:04:54 PM by Zenthos »

RELEASE THE stuff.

(Don't) Bask in its (terrible) glory!

Hey random caps, you have 64bit Windows 7, how is that working with BL/Steam games? (if you play steam games)

Hey random caps, you have 64bit Windows 7, how is that working with BL/Steam games? (if you play steam games)
Everything works great.
On windows vista I used to get a driver display error with blockland sometimes and I couldn't minimize blockland in full screen.
I no longer get these issues with 7.
And yes I do play steam games.

Sweet, I'm getting the above, the GPU is similar to yours (GTX 260?).

I was having problems with my ATI Cards with drivers, the newer drivers blockland would not detect, I was a little worried. Also, I realized its free so if it doesnt work for me I can just order vista. Got both a 32bit and a 64bit W7 burnt :P.

Edit: Regulith how the forget does your PC handle anything? Even BL?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:05:59 PM by Zenthos »

Edit: Regulith how the forget does your PC handle anything? Even BL?

I don't understand either. It's a loving piece of stuff, and there's nothing I can do, or that I can even care enough to do. Once I get my laptop in three weeks, it's my mom's problem. Even the new stuff we got to make it lean a little towards epic doesn't even fit. The power supply is too big and the graphics card has the wrong...port thing. It really pissed me off.

My gaming computer kicked the bucket. I have to use my Laptop for the time being. Its alright but it can't handle most of my things.

I don't understand either. It's a loving piece of stuff, and there's nothing I can do, or that I can even care enough to do. Once I get my laptop in three weeks, it's my mom's problem. Even the new stuff we got to make it lean a little towards epic doesn't even fit. The power supply is too big and the graphics card has the wrong...port thing. It really pissed me off.

Well, if its that old your not going to find very much of a GPU. Theres AGP, PCI, PCIe, PCI 2.0, a bunch of slots.

Whats your new laptops specs?

Can't take pics since I'm at school. I remember the specs. though.
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 3.2 GHz 800(?)MHz FSB.
Graphix card: Nvidia/Albatron GeForce 6200A 256mb AGP8x.
Mothaboard: Jetway PM9MS. 10 capacitors replaced!
RAM: 1GB DDR-400 (will attempt to overclock, maybe).
DirectX: version 9.0c.
HDD: 149GB + 77GB, both Ide-ATA.
CPU temperature: 60-62 C.
System temperature: 53 C?
IT SUX BALLZ!!!!

One bad thing is: It's Vista. And I've crashed 8 times on it.

Then you're doing something wrong.

You should also get a video card. Doesn't make much sense to have 3 gigs of ram, a quad core, and then integrated graphics.

Then you're doing something wrong.

You should also get a video card. Doesn't make much sense to have 3 gigs of ram, a quad core, and then integrated graphics.
It probably beats mine though :(

Too lazy to post but mine starts lagging at 1000-3000 bricks and is missing some of its system.