Author Topic: The biggest heist of all: TOB team releases Blockland under GPL license  (Read 14489 times)

Hi incoming members of The Better Mod forums who clicked the link! Welcome to The Better Game forums. Please read our rules before posting. While I'm sure it was unintentional, releasing your mod under the GPL and then bundling it with the game means you released the game under the license as well. It's understandable and probably just an excusable oversight. Of course, stealing models from RTB isn't. Have a nice day.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/theorangeblock/

Yep, the Blockland engine is packaged right into the "The Orange Block Client", all of the original artwork, everything. You're allowed to use the bedroom map in your shiny new FPS you made on Unreal Engine free of charge. Don't feel like taking the time to design a main character? No sweat, just use "ACTION BRICKMAN" instead, copyright The Better Mod 2009, used with permission, all rights reserved. Realized you can't actually afford the Unreal Engine? Just reverse engineer the game and hash out your own engine complete with "realistic block staking architecture" - provided you credit the Orange Block Team and release it under the GPL license as well.

I wasn't aware that you were allowed to take other people's copyrighted art and release it under a new license, but now that I see you can, I'm releasing every game ever produced into the public domain. Free games for everyone!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:39:01 PM by Wedge »

Haha. Wow. This is a new low, even for the TBM developers.

TBM, will you ever cease to amaze us?

*rimshot

holy stuff. Who wants my superduer game called Beroshock? Its just like BIoshock, Only its free!

"ACTION BRICKMAN"
ACTION!

Ontopic: This is some messed up stuff :C
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:41:22 PM by Brickman »

Downloaded. WHen you start it up nothing happends. Fail.

EDIT: Fixed it. It looks like TBM. :/

Hech, it still says TBM everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:53:14 PM by Digmaster »

Ive known about this for awhile.

I used to troll their forums for fun.

I made a new account, and here.. Just to make some kids happy..
http://www.thebettermod.org/forum.html?func=view&catid=2&id=7585#7585

Well, you need to have a account to see that..
Don't bother making one. I basically linked this topic to them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:06:22 AM by MtnDew »

Haha, you can set the GUI skin to Retail Blockland.

Haha, you can set the GUI skin to Retail Blockland.
wow that's really loving lame.

Lawsuit perhaps?

Under News:
Eat it Ephi-

Ya. Burn.

is this the real TBM people and community and forum?
or the wannabe's that have taken it upon themselves to claim continuation of that mod without acknowledgment from any original TBM people?

we keep calling them tbm people because THEY call themselves tbm people. but the real tbm are all long gone and gave up, and they dont even know about these new guys that took ownership of that abandoned st00f.

Do not steal from RTB, I repeat, Do not steal from RTB.

You see, not all the users on the forums were for the idea. well, I think I was the only one who wasn't for that.
Screw it, I warned them and they messed up.

I think this sets a benchmark for the TBM 'crew's stupidity.

Also, Ive been informed that the one who released it Isn't a part of the "team" and is just a user.