Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850626 times)

I may play this game again

Even if the spanish community is stuff

I may play this game again

Even if the spanish community is stuff
Spanish community?

Spanish community?

I wish i could explain more now, but right now i have no time

Sorry for the inconvenience, but my month of hosting ran out.
If anyone really wants me to host then I can but with a free version, it will take time until I get my position in the queue.

egg

i've never beaten vanilla minecraft
i'm setting out to do that now, finally, after like a million years of owning the game

trying to beat Minecraft is such a boring task that I've never followed through with it lol

trying to beat Minecraft is such a boring task that I've never followed through with it lol
Yeah, I have always had more fun exploring and civilizing the world than trying to beat the game. I've always felt like Notch went overboard with his then-newfound "make the game super hard" philosophy when creating the End. It simply doesn't look worth the time and frustration to beat the end dragon imo.

Yeah, I have always had more fun exploring and civilizing the world than trying to beat the game. I've always felt like Notch went overboard with his then-newfound "make the game super hard" philosophy when creating the End. It simply doesn't look worth the time and frustration to beat the end dragon imo.

actually i like the game super hard, but for the sake of surviving and realism, not some generic goal.

when i'm playing vanilla, i usually give up after i've got diamond armor

all they need is just randomly generated dungeons in the world, like how strongholds sounded before you heard there were only three of them in a world or some stuff like that

all they need is just randomly generated dungeons in the world, like how strongholds sounded before you heard there were only three of them in a world or some stuff like that

Yeah that would've been fun. It'd be neat to come across a randomly generated dungeon that's incredibly challenging but is very rewarding, or stumbling upon a difficult dungeon when you're entirely unprepared and have to come back to it later. Minecraft just isn't a game that should have an "end." It's a loving sandbox ffs and shouldn't have hyper-linear progression the way it does.

i mean tbf there is content after the end

what with the elytras and end cities and stuff, and the wither..

i mean tbf there is content after the end

what with the elytras and end cities and stuff, and the wither..
I personally find that boring because it's half-assed "endgame" content.
"Great job on conquering the monotony! Here's your reward. Okay, cya! Buh-bye now!"

Multiplayer's the only real interesting thing if you're playing vanilla, because there's always the looming threat of someone possibly stronger than you destroying your progress.

it's more like bonuses to current gameplay
the wings really help with mobility and the beacons are very nice for projects/around the base

there isn't really too much specific "end game" content in minecraft, it's a sand box game, so the end game content is what you want it to be
for me I like building technical things, so that's what I spend my time on
people who want to fight things will be disappointed though, mostly because minecraft combat is terrible - instead a game like borderlands/terraria would be better

it's more like bonuses to current gameplay
the wings really help with mobility and the beacons are very nice for projects/around the base
there isn't really too much specific "end game" content in minecraft, it's a sand box game, so the end game content is what you want it to be
for me I like building technical things, so that's what I spend my time on
people who want to fight things will be disappointed though, mostly because minecraft combat is terrible - instead a game like borderlands/terraria would be better

i don't want to just fight things though, i want a larger variety of things to do. if i wanted to build things for the sake of building i'd play a game with better building mechanics and options (blockland, roblox, some lego stuff, etc.)

the only thing you can do at the "end" of minecraft is explore terrain you've basically already seen or make buildings that have no real functional purpose because there's no reason for building them other than feeling creative. at that point you're just wasting your time because you could be playing in creative mode or playing a better game lol