Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851103 times)

so clearly minecraft is not for you
I don't see why it has to be a perfect fit for you, it's a good game by itself for a large community

depending on what you need, there may be mods that add to it

Vanilla minecraft is boring and it doesnt feel like they are working on trying to fix it at all.

The unique and stupid terrain that the early versions had, is now pretty much all plains and stuffty hills with nothing in them to make them even remotely interesting. Not saying its impossible to find fun areas but its sure as hell not interesting when 90% of the world is flat and empty.

Theres no real reason to explore besides to find interesting areas where you want to build, or to find nether fortresses, ocean temples, or the stronghold (which mostly generates over itself ruining the dungeon exploration feel anyway), but they all have their own niche uses that you quickly abandon.

They still need to step their game up with building too. Im not asking for them to add chisel and bits to vanilla, but vertical half slabs when?

Seriously though? Llamas?

Im not asking for them to add chisel and bits to vanilla, but vertical half slabs when?
God it would be a blessing if they added vertical half slabs into vanilla, or atleast more building building blocks like slopes and maybe even more decorative items/blocks

i don't want to just fight things though, i want a larger variety of things to do. if i wanted to build things for the sake of building i'd play a game with better building mechanics and options (blockland, roblox, some lego stuff, etc.)

the only thing you can do at the "end" of minecraft is explore terrain you've basically already seen or make buildings that have no real functional purpose because there's no reason for building them other than feeling creative. at that point you're just wasting your time because you could be playing in creative mode or playing a better game lol

Yeah the world generator was alot better in alpha before biomes. The terrain was more unexpected with what it made.

The grass also didn't look like stuff.

I really liked a lot of the beta terrain generation

you gotta have friends to have fun in vanilla

so clearly minecraft is not for you
I don't see why it has to be a perfect fit for you, it's a good game by itself for a large community
depending on what you need, there may be mods that add to it

that's why i play with mods boyyyyyy

vanilla gameplay tends to get very stale, thats why i only play with mods now
they add fun and interesting things to the game, making me actually enjoy it more

the sounds?
forget that stuff

these things always spooked me when i was younger
don't really sound that creepy on their own but when you're on the edge because of lava and creepers and ten billion zombies and skeleton 360 noscopers they help the atmosphere a lot

Are those still in the game?

Are those still in the game?
yes but only play on normal difficulty and higher, in peaceful they don't (iirc)