Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850525 times)

I wish the strongholds werent so trash

I wish the strongholds werent so trash

they definitely seem to get torn apart by cave generation a lot, along with way too many corridors that loop back on themselves and dead ends

there was a built-in spider room at the bottom of mine, no chests though

I'm a little mad there aren't proper cartography tools in the game, I love filling out maps but there's no way of marking positions on them except building a giant obelisk (which has to be increasingly more imposing the bigger the map is) to alter the color of a pixel, so my screenshot folder is full of stuff like this:

so I can find things again later
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:27:21 PM by Regulith »

If you make a copy of the map and put it in an itemframe at the village it will place a green marker on both of them

like so

holy stuff are you serious

there's a single line about that on the wiki and it says it's pocket edition only, that's stupid

there's a single line about that on the wiki and it says it's pocket edition only, that's stupid

welp I went and removed that note, hope it sticks

If you make a copy of the map and put it in an itemframe at the village it will place a green marker on both of them
damn! this will be nifty.

wait i kinda just jumped in, im not sure if i get whats going on but

is what you're saying, that you can effectively make waypoint markers on your maps by making additional maps, putting them in itemframes, and leaving them in places?

guysguysguysguysguysguysguysg uysguysguysguys

wait i kinda just jumped in, im not sure if i get whats going on but

is what you're saying, that you can effectively make waypoint markers on your maps by making additional maps, putting them in itemframes, and leaving them in places?

Yes, by duplicating a map (crafting a blank map with an existing one) and then placing one at the location you want to mark in an itemframe you will create a waypoint

Is this too much space? Nowhere near done but I need second opinions.
How do your torches have a lighting effect similar to torches from alpha?

How do your torches have a lighting effect similar to torches from alpha?
he has smooth lighting off

so I kinda abandoned my snowy world from a couple days ago because I died while exploring (skeleton shot me off a ledge into a cave that had filled up with zombies from a dungeon and I panicked) and found my stuff just in time to watch it all, including at least 4 mostly-filled maps, despawn right before my eyes (forget that)

but this is my new home

I want to replace the oak planks with something but I haven't figured out what, maybe a light clay

Very comfy organized layout. Good grass paths. I like the greenhouse a lot too.

yeah who doesn't hate item despawning