Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850851 times)

item despawning is pretty useful
otherwise my server would probably crash when I use my mob farm
all items are sorted into chests/lava if overflow, but bows and things are put into chests and overflow is shot onto the ground
that way if there's something I want in it I have some time to grab it

so I kinda abandoned my snowy world from a couple days ago because I died while exploring (skeleton shot me off a ledge into a cave that had filled up with zombies from a dungeon and I panicked) and found my stuff just in time to watch it all, including at least 4 mostly-filled maps, despawn right before my eyes (forget that)

but this is my new home

-new home images-

I want to replace the oak planks with something but I haven't figured out what, maybe a light clay
That looks really neat actually.
Simple, but very stylish! Love it.

looking for end cities sucks, just chorus plants and endermen for miles and building 1 block wide bridges out of end stone to reach the next identical island of nothing

I've got an item that allows creative flight that could speed things up but it feels wrong using it because besides having to get a ghast in melee range it was easy to make (I don't know why it doesn't require a nether star anymore) and even easier to power

now that I think about it I don't even know why I'm out here, like I said I can fly so I don't need an elytra and I've got a bag so I don't need a shulker box

Very comfy organized layout. Good grass paths. I like the greenhouse a lot too.
That looks really neat actually.
Simple, but very stylish! Love it.

thank you

what the forget this sword from extra utilities takes 8 nether stars, 16 elytras, 32 bottles of enchanting, 64 chorus flowers, 128 emerald blocks, 256 diamond blocks, 512 gold blocks, 1024 iron blocks, and 2048 coal to craft
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:38:17 PM by Regulith »

what the forget this sword from extra utilities takes 8 nether stars, 16 elytras, 32 bottles of enchanting, 64 chorus flowers, 128 emerald blocks, 256 diamond blocks, 512 gold blocks, 1024 iron blocks, and 2048 coal to craft
wtf! is it worth it? sword better give head.

if it's mostly vanilla and then that sword, probably not worth it lol
since MC vanilla combat is pretty lacking/easy already, an enchanted sword + axe is alright, but a bow is more than enough

mmm...satisfying

wtf! is it worth it? sword better give head.

no clue what "permanent damage" means but divine damage is equivalent to being touched by the void, so it's more of a final-end-game weapon for modded servers where people have equipment that makes them borderline immortal (and automated machinery to dig up that volume of resources)

if it's mostly vanilla and then that sword, probably not worth it lol
since MC vanilla combat is pretty lacking/easy already, an enchanted sword + axe is alright, but a bow is more than enough

I've only got Quark, Extra Utilities 2, and Storage Drawers (+JEI) just to add some minimal content so there's not much I could use it for besides killing the Wither easier (and at that point I'll have killed it 8 times anyway so why bother)

I was considering making it a final goal just to have something to do but I checked my stock and I have like...52 iron blocks out of the 512 I need just for the first tier of crafting items so fuuuck that
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:19:45 PM by Regulith »

iron/emerald blocks don't sound too difficult
it's the diamond/coal that looks painful, as those you actually need to mine instead of farming

Permenant damage is obviously permenant. You cant ever get it back. In modded PVP servers that can be really powerful. It is definitively easier to kill enemies that have 1 heart.

well, it only took a little over 4 years but I finally killed the wither for the first time

it was...underwhelming

I'd never fought it before because I didn't want to get my ass kicked and my inventory blown up so I prepared all this stuff expecting to still barely escape with my life and it died in like 60 seconds, the ender dragon was more difficult than this

Permenant damage is obviously permenant. You cant ever get it back. In modded PVP servers that can be really powerful. It is definitively easier to kill enemies that have 1 heart.

I suspected something like that, but 0.26 health was such a strange fraction of a heart that I thought it couldn't possibly be what it was

It has occurred to me I made this out of Monster Spawners a bit too late.

glad to know im not the only one who has done that

RIP anyone that touches the stone.

you mean they're all silverfish?
there might be a way to replace blocks without worldedit

you mean they're all silverfish?
there might be a way to replace blocks without worldedit
Commands like setBlock?

Commands like setBlock?
almost, setblock would just set the whole thing regardless of what it is
so you'd end up with a solid chunk of whatever block you choose

what i'm thinking is testing for a specific block (the silverfish block) and then replacing it with the correct block
then if that's a command block, could shift it over into every spot to check/change the whole area