Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849576 times)

I have way too many favorite mods.

How do I install mods for the most recent version of the game? I've exclusively played mod packs in the past, and I want to try and make a game experience more tailored to my interests.

the twitch application (for some reason) serves as a minecraft launcher and will download mods from curse and install them

I was told that manually installing mods was now way easier, is this true?

how do you make singleplayer for this game fun again
are there any mods that are up to date so i dont have to downgrade the game by 4 years to play them

I was told that manually installing mods was now way easier, is this true?
in comparison to when?
forge made things easier, but forge has been around since alpha/beta or something

before forge, each mod needed to be added to the .jar file, which could cause conflicts because it was overwriting files
with forge, it's just putting files into a mods folder

the absolute best way to install mods imo is to use MultiMC

it's as easy as picking which version of the game to use, installing forge directly from the program, and then adding everything you want from the loader mods tab

in fact it's so good that I think I've used the standard launcher about 3 total times since it was released

what are you guys' favorite mods??

I pretty much always use Quark because it's like vanilla extended, and more extensive mods like Tinkers' Construct, Reliquary, EnderIO, and Thaumcraft, plus Expandable Backpacks and Storage Drawers when there's a lot of stuff to carry around and collect

Survivalist is also nice if you want to make it so you don't immediately progress to having full iron armor in the first 15 minutes of playing in a new world, but I remember it clashing with a lot of other mods

before forge, each mod needed to be added to the .jar file, which could cause conflicts because it was overwriting files
with forge, it's just putting files into a mods folder
"YOU NEED TO DELETE META-INF!!"
good times

good times
only real brothers remember this
that and modloader

good times

but occasionally there'd be that one mod which either replaces meta-inf or doesn't need it to be deleted

but occasionally there'd be that one mod which either replaces meta-inf or doesn't need it to be deleted
lolwhat
since when

pretty sue meta-inf was never modded by anything and was always required to be removed

from my private server.
there's also a beacon tower and modern house behind me, but they're not entirely complete.
every block was gathered legitimately, which is a huge loving problem as it's impossible to find certain colours of dyes (such as cactus green, there's no desert biome in miles).

That is such a lovely sight.

lolwhat
since when

pretty sue meta-inf was never modded by anything and was always required to be removed
maybe I'm making artificial memories, but I seem to recall a few times where that was the case

maybe I'm making artificial memories, but I seem to recall a few times where that was the case
i remember it too so its not just you