Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851692 times)

some of the new textures are really too realistic for minecraft.
the new birch texture looks like ass.

Most of those textures are horrible in contrast to the old ones.
I think they are made by the same handicap that made those Glazed Terracota crap.

Most of those textures are horrible in contrast to the old ones.
I think they are made by the same handicap that made those Glazed Terracota crap.

:panda:

:panda:
I suppose that's better, but in multiple cases the old ones might still be better. I want to see how it all comes together before saying that tho', but obsidian looks ugly as hell regardless. It's also weird how just making more blurry is considered a good thing. Also the brick texture lost it's top-left lightning in favor of top lightning... I don't believe that's really a good thing although there's an improvement on the mortar. The diamond texture also lost all blurriness making it look like a Glazed Terracota crap that doesn't even fit with the new style of blocks, that's in no way a good thing and "better" than the original. If in Regulith's image Jungle wood also looks oddly dirty since the "artist" just took the old texture and just blurred it. I want to see the other blocks as well.

good thing resourcepacks exist so someone will make a legacy texturepack

good thing resourcepacks exist so someone will make a legacy texturepack
the problem with this is that when they add new blocks, they will look out of place compared to the rest.
unless whoever maintains the legacy pack has a good understanding of the original textures, it'll become horribly outdated in about a year

the problem with this is that when they add new blocks, they will look out of place compared to the rest.
unless whoever maintains the legacy pack has a good understanding of the original textures, it'll become horribly outdated in about a year
The blocks they've been adding looks out of place compared to the rest so that's basically a good understanding of original textures.

I hope that there will be an option to switch between the legacy textures, and the updated textures.

I mean that's not impossible, I've seen some packs do it right before

hey guys lets blur up the textures for no apparent reason thatll look good right

how do you make singleplayer for this game fun again
are there any mods that are up to date so i dont have to downgrade the game by 4 years to play them

Immersive Engineering adds a lot of content with a retro-futuristic theme.

for comparision:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:25:09 AM by Tudoreleu »

jeb said you'd be able to load the old textures as a resource pack. I'm assuming that means they'll be in the folder by default

I've always hated the emerald texture so this is the most welcome change