Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5833553 times)

Jeb really needs to add spawn options. Creepers always blow up chunks of Adventure maps, and sometimes really forget up the systems they use. Something like "Spawner Only" option for specific mobs.

36 stuffty monsters or one epic one.

Anyone have any good Multiplayer Minecraft Mod ideas?
Not something huge like Millinaire that alters the world, but something smaller like SDK's Gun Mod, which just adds items to the game.

On top of that, any Multiplayer Mods that function without everybody having the mod?

wich is almost never seen because it's so rare

Why would they make 36 monsters and then have them never seen?

Why would they make 36 monsters and then have them never seen?

lol'd

even if you insist they're so "stuffty", 36 2d monsters far outweighs 1 3d one just in shear numbers

The amount of content produced in such a short amount of time for Terraria is quite amazing compared to Minecraft. They've released very large, content filled, fulfilling updates which actually improve the game a lot and add more things to do. However, these are two people working on one game in their spare time, not a full time company who's working on multiple projects and most likely working very hard. Another thing to note, is that Terraria is coded in C# and is also 2D, so the effort required to add content may not be as equal to adding content into Minecraft, however, that is debatable depending on the coder's proficiency with the language.

Just my thoughts on the subject, that's all. I for one really have enjoyed the Terraria updates. They are very content packed.

...Terraria is coded in C# and is also 2D...
Java coding is a bitch for games.  There's a reason this is probably the only successful Java-based game ever.

There's a reason this is probably the only successful Java-based game ever.
Really, really untrue in my eyes. I'm not going to point out a bunch of successful Java games but every single Android game is coded in Java, all of the Android applications go through android's Dalvik virtual machine for runtime.

But I'm sure there has also be plenty of successful Java games other than Minecraft. Runescape is one of the first games that comes to mind, although it may not be the best example it is sure as hell extremely successful. The Dan Ball games, like the powder toy, are also coded in Java however they're not really game games, more of sandboxes or tools.

Edit: Oh! And Puzzle Pirates is in Java, if I recall correctly. This was also pretty successful.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:04:27 AM by Dropshock »

puzzle pirates is loving awesome

it's not the only successful one, but I would be willing to bet that it's the most successful one

My personal use texture pack:

Feedback? Don't tell me to change some of the default textures, I kept some things default because I didn't think they were ugly.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I ripped a large majority of the textures from other packs for full customization. So yeah feedback about my choices I guess.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:52:28 AM by Mega-Bear »