Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5970500 times)

but wait wasn't SOPA killed

BARRHSHAGASFD

... No, it wasn't. It passed. :nes:

no it was passed you see blockland and google and even every single website is shutting down right now

It was "shelved"

Which basically means that for now, yes, but it'll probably come back with a different name and try to be sneaky

never mind, as of today it's already back lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:46:41 PM by Regulith »

It was "shelved"

Which basically means that for now, yes, but it'll probably come back with a different name and try to be sneaky

Or they'll want to forget about it and move on i guess

A few days ago the news broke that the pending Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) was put on hold until consensus was reached.

Although the announcement was rather vague, some news sites and blogs declared SOPA dead, or “shelved,” or erased from history.

Wishful thinking, because today SOPA is back in full force.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith just announced that the SOPA markup is expected to continue next month.

“To enact legislation that protects consumers, businesses and jobs from foreign thieves who steal America’s intellectual property, we will continue to bring together industry representatives and Members to find ways to combat online piracy,” Chairman Smith said.

“Due to the Republican and Democratic retreats taking place over the next two weeks, markup of the Stop Online Piracy Act is expected to resume in February.

“I am committed to continuing to work with my colleagues in the House and Senate to send a bipartisan bill to the White House that saves American jobs and protects intellectual property.”

I never got why the 'big guys' were so upset. They're fine and people are pirating stuff right now. They seem greedy imo.

I never got why the 'big guys' were so upset. They're fine and people are pirating stuff right now. They seem greedy imo.

Because SOPA can hold any site responsible for content someone might put there. AKA all those copyrighted videos on YouTube that usually just get blocked would now put YouTube up on charges for allowing it.

Note that I heard this from someone, it could easily not be 100% true.

Because SOPA can hold any site responsible for content someone might put there. AKA all those copyrighted videos on YouTube that usually just get blocked would now put YouTube up on charges for allowing it.

Heard that too.

anyways how much does that dynamic shadows shader drop the FPS by, and can I make it no so brown and bloom-ish?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:45:16 PM by MegaScientifical »

Going to install shaders mod now. I just hope this temporary Athlon II X2 can hold up. I know my graphics card can.

God I'm so jelly of your graphics cards.
GeForce 9400m here ;-;
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:24:21 PM by Mr.jacksaunt »

God I'm so jelly of you're graphics cards.
GeForce 9400m here ;-;
ATI HD raedion 5570