Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5814624 times)

My automatic slime farm is complete.

They spawn on the platform on the left and fall into the channels.

They're forced to a corner and pushed up the chute.

Slime fountain right outside my front door.

Success!

not once in my years of playing have i ever made any sort of mob farm. they seem like a waste of time.

I made an edit to the alternative stone bricks that I think looks great.

not once in my years of playing have i ever made any sort of mob farm. they seem like a waste of time.

It only took an hour, and I had fun making it. Nothing is a waste of time when you're enjoying it.

HAHAHA

http://assets.minecraft.net/12w22a/minecraft.jar

I tried it and it worked. Taken hours early, bitches!

Edit: I think I checked that while he was writing the Mojang.com entry on it. lol.

Edit2: Jungle Templates added. Has Tripwire traps, piston lever puzzles for hidden rooms, treasure. stuffloads of mossy cobblestone. You can place halfslabs on the top half by clicking on the top half of the side of a block with one. Tripwires can span slabs, which beats pressure plates.

dkamm gave me this seed and coord for a Jungle Temple:
Seed: 3722965013255450314
Coordinates: -463, 295
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:24:35 AM by MegaScientifical »

I've noticed some things

Coal / Lapiz gives you EXP for mining :D
Smelting = EXP

you can literally get to level 28 like I did in 20 minutes within starting time now.
SCRATCH THAT

I'm level 60 loving 8 in 5 more mins of mining

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:32:26 AM by FadedGlory »

I've noticed some things

Smelting = EXP

you can literally get to level 28 like I did in 20 minutes within starting time now.
SCRATCH THAT

WAT

I've noticed some things

Smelting = EXP

SCRATCH THAT

Diamond too.

Also, I think the silk touch enchantment was removed. I enchanted 15 lvl 30 picks in a row and didn't get one.

Now I get to oldcigarette and say "I remember when LV50 was pro"

also, I've noticed that regarding the XP, from cooking / smelting, you get 1 XP orb type thing. This fills one slot of your bar. For example:

Here's me before pulling out

Here's me after pulling out 6

It make sense, because I've leveled up at the same pace. In some ways, FASTER later on.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:53:58 AM by FadedGlory »

The top enchantment level is 30. Also, seems a lot of normal things give you EXP now. No need to go fighting stuff for EXP. Before you say "TOO EASY," you do realize a majority of other games with experience systems offer ways to do it without fighting as well, right? Like different things to be experienced in...

Also, Priests now enchant your tools for Emeralds. Put the tool and Emeralds in and they give you the tool with enchantments promised. This also works on pre-enchanted tools. This is good if you're having a forgettime finding diamond and don't want stuffty enchantments on your only diamond pick.

thats a little op lol, i always make my house out of stone bricks so i smelt stacks of cobble at a time

Here's my brown townasys:
Mining Ores: 30-33% XP / block
Smelting: 1/20 XP / block
Killing: Waste of time.

The EXP from weird places is probably Jeb getting ready to add stats that can be increased.

Skills would be pretty neat because it makes diamond not the end of the game, just because you could still be digging faster with skill upgrades.

I still wish they made the nether more like an expansion and less of a place to just go to for  a bit and leave.
More like the feel that the aether goes for, where diamond is the lowest tier of gear and then it advances.

I wish the Sky Dimension didn't turn into The End... Since they're adding so many new generated structures, maybe they could add one with a portal to the Sky Dimension... I miss the original End Portal Frame blocks which made me think of Sky Glass or something. It was so fancy...

You know, considering they bothered with that, it stands to reason Notch might have intended to add the Sky Dimension before launch, but was like "Not enough time, I'm too fat and lazy. Convert all the code to a stuffty place you only visit once ever and rather don't give a stuff to see."