Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849240 times)

These new features are so awesome. I say that about every update but yes yessssss these features are awesome.

These new features are so awesome. I say that about every update but yes yessssss these features are awesome.

Aside from Jeb literally ruining enchanting.

Aside from Jeb literally ruining enchanting.

Getting XP from silly sources is fine by me, if that's what you're talking about. It's a little OP but not really too OP in my opinion. Like you said:

The EXP from weird places is probably Jeb getting ready to add stats that can be increased.

Is what I would prefer to happen rather than just getting XP from everything. Either way I still like the idea.

Enchantments are OP. They should take effort to get. Mining some ore for a few minutes isn't effort. He made it easier to get levels, AND he lowered the level requirement without nerfing the enchantments. It's dumb.

hmm I want to get MineCraft lol

I made an edit to the alternative stone bricks that I think looks great.

2 can play this game!

These are bunches of 4x4 set of blocks surrounded by normal wood.
The 4x4 on the left is "closed" (you can see 5x5 cubes on the texture, this is done so normal wooden planks look better next to it) and the 4x4 on the left is just as Katadeus made it, just that with different colors, this one merges with the planks.

I am thinking of making a DecoCraft mod, that just adds new block types with no additional use than decoration/building. (Concrete, different brick colors, different wooden tile type, different doors, and so on). Anyone that could script that for ModLoader (So it also works on MP) thinks he can work with me?

Enchantments are OP. They should take effort to get. Mining some ore for a few minutes isn't effort. He made it easier to get levels, AND he lowered the level requirement without nerfing the enchantments. It's dumb.

Enchantments are too OP currently. In a battle between somebody with enchanted diamond armor and weapons and two people with the same gear only unenchanted, you can guess who one.

And skill doesn't matter in most cases. With literally every weapon enchantment if you get hit, you're forgeted.

Enchantments are too OP currently. In a battle between somebody with enchanted diamond armor and weapons and two people with the same gear only unenchanted, you can guess who one.

And skill doesn't matter in most cases. With literally every weapon enchantment if you get hit, you're forgeted.

But now those enchantments are even easier to get. At least before, it took a lot of time to get enchanted items.

Enchanting in a village should be worth a lot of emeralds, so that when you get diamonds it's more worth it to go for the enchanting table.

Enchanting is linear now, and fortune picks give out more xp and silktouch doesn't give any.

You guys using emeralds as a new feature or emeralds as the old name for diamonds? It's kind of loving confusing you guys started using emeralds.

Adventure game mode doesn't let you break blocks.
what

Adventure game mode doesn't let you break blocks.
what
adventure game mo-

guys what have i been missing with these snapshots

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/63913-chunky-open-source-java-chunk-viewer/

I want to render a Jungle Temple in this, but considering how long rendering takes, I want to know now: Do you need to add a Skymap? Would it be preferred? I want this to look like ultra-high-def Minecraft. How do I make sure this is set up 100% correctly? Another link to it: http://llbit.se/

Also, Adventure Mode is meant to be used for Adventure Maps. It prevents you from breaking most things, which is supposed to prevent cheating without doing some crazy stuff. This is the first incarnation of it, it's in a Snapshot, and it will be adjusted.

How large of an image do you plan on rendering?