Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5822612 times)

tell people in your network to join 127.0.0.1
so there's no way to make it LAN-only?

so there's no way to make it LAN-only?
block port 25565?

or just don't open it

or just don't turn off your firewall

it should be LAN-only by default, I'd think

plus IP addresses are so obscure nobody would be able to find you that easily anyway, it's not like there's a master server list.

how do you make a LAN server for this game?

Use the newest snapshot. It has single click lan broadcast.

assuming you are actually behind a router, not forwarding the port will prevent people from connecting outside your network
essentially someone from outside will connect to your router on that port, and the router won't have a rule for that port so it won't do anything with that packet (whereas when you forward the port it knows which machine inside the network to send that packet to)

also, using 127.0.0.1 won't let them connect to you - you'll need to know the IP address your machine has. Use ipconfig in a command prompt and look for "IPv4 Address" to find that out. 127.0.0.1 is strictly a loopback - accessing that IP or 'localhost' just routs the packets directly back to your computer without them ever leaving it. That's done by the actual protocol on the network card, not by your router.

also, turn online mode off in server.properties and it won't force auths on the Minecraft server, so they can login quicker and you can even play when your net's forgeted. there's no real point in having it on for a LAN server

minecraft.centhra.com

Stuff goes in the jar in that order no sympathy if you can forget that up
Also, optifine does some weird stuff with custom blocks, as I found out today. But by jesus the chunk load speed with multicore, and AF/AA make a huge difference.

If you use MultiMC this is what your mods should look like plus anything else you want client-wise i guess

I'm going to sleep now, go play or whatever consider it a playground until I can be forgeted to do something better with it

If I was going to add TMI and Optifine in this. which order would I install it in then.

If I was going to add TMI and Optifine in this. which order would I install it in then.
Should be TMI then Optifine in the jar after everything else

If you're using A7, prepare for weirdness as all custom blocks start acting like flat items in your hand

I was playing in a friend's private tekkit server and I was distracting him with this big thing that I build out of wood and his reactor core thiny blew up, killing all three of his kitties

im sorry bro....im so so sorry :panda:

You obviously need to automate the reactor to self clean.

Seriously though, I know it'd be too easy, but I'd still welcome a way to automate refreshing reactors...

You obviously need to automate the reactor to self clean.

Seriously though, I know it'd be too easy, but I'd still welcome a way to automate refreshing reactors...

He told me personally he isn't messing with that "reactor blowy-up stuff" after it murdered his cats

but now he's trying to figure out how to host the yogscast so we can go on a dark necromancer journey

I'm building this thing in my friends server

But I don't know what to put between the trees here...

Suggestions rock.

uh... flowers
You cant even do that in creative mode.

This is Survival.

You can't do what even in creative mode? Pick flowers and place them? How high are you right now?

You can't do what even in creative mode? Pick flowers and place them? How high are you right now?
Maybe I'm dumb, but it didn't work last time i tried.

Also, It's "Hi how are you"

punch flower
place flower
SUCCESS