Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5850717 times)

Played more MineZ with Awdax, Ike bailed before we even met up because of the wait times to get on a server :l

We've got more supplies than before, so far so excellent
how'd you get on, reg? I'd love to play with you :U

did you install player API before smart moving? i'm pretty sure order matters
Thank you, I didn't figure I'd have to play the game with player API installed first then put in smart moving.

how'd you get on, reg? I'd love to play with you :U

Determination

People die sooner or later

Thank you, I didn't figure I'd have to play the game with player API installed first then put in smart moving.
yeah, usually APIs and stuff go in first.

found a server. if anyone wants to be in my lovey faction, please reply :D
I'll join.

The more I play MineZ the more I want to donate just to gain access to the PvP-disabled server. Everyone in that mod is a dime-a-dozen backstabbing scumbag except the person you're voice-chatting with.

Yeah, running into douchebags in MineZ is not the same as when you run into some on DayZ. The combat and mechanics are vastly different and it can ruin everything for everyone. There is no escape, if you're going to get screwed there is absolutely no way out. The private servers risk this less, it contains people who want to survive and work together - then there are also people who want to survive but have become paranoid, and will do anything to survive. It's not the same type of thing you run into on a public server.

Is there a set release date for 1.3?

Or...

Yeah, running into douchebags in MineZ is not the same as when you run into some on DayZ. The combat and mechanics are vastly different and it can ruin everything for everyone. There is no escape, if you're going to get screwed there is absolutely no way out. The private servers risk this less, it contains people who want to survive and work together - then there are also people who want to survive but have become paranoid, and will do anything to survive. It's not the same type of thing you run into on a public server.
don't you just get robbed at gunpoint in dayZ whereas in mineZ they always go for the kill?

don't you just get robbed at gunpoint in dayZ whereas in mineZ they always go for the kill?

In DayZ there are many ways something can happen. It's never the same, and it's a lot more adventurous since you don't encounter people that much. You can deal with situations much differently. In MineZ, your're dead the second someone approaches you. And so are they, everyone gets screwed.

And yes, in MineZ there is no mercy or robbing. Just death.

Arma 2 DayZ Mod robbed at gunpoint and killed MUST SEE
I love this video, it really shows how things can go in DayZ - even though poop hit the fan near the end. It could have gone completely different.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:00:56 PM by Awdax »

Portal Gun Mod's SMP. Does anyone want to host a server with it?

http://www.mojang.com/2012/07/the-weekly-chunk-minecraft-1-3-prerelease/

Minecraft 1.3 is out as a Prerelease. This version isn't even marked as Prerelease ingame - It literally says just "Minecraft 1.3." Basically, there will be no further changes, so this is the exact same .jar you're getting next week. Sad though, considering there's still a few minor but noticeable bugs to be fixed. But whatever.

http://www.mojang.com/2012/07/the-weekly-chunk-minecraft-1-3-prerelease/

Minecraft 1.3 is out as a Prerelease. This version isn't even marked as Prerelease ingame - It literally says just "Minecraft 1.3." Basically, there will be no further changes, so this is the exact same .jar you're getting next week. Sad though, considering there's still a few minor but noticeable bugs to be fixed. But whatever.
Like what?

http://www.reddit.com/r/edstonehelper/comments/p6lol/planned_for_the_next_update/
full change log
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:18:29 PM by Flush535 »

I personally refit my village with oriented logs. I just tweeted it to Dinnerbone asking if he'd consider changing villages to use oriented logs in 1.4. Not EXACTLY how I did it, I'm sure it isn't as pretty as what they could come up with. I just used it where ever possible.