Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5962034 times)

Tekkit is loving overused.

It's-
it's seriously loving overused. Just. Stop it. Seriously. You're better than this. Oh wait, this is the Blockland Forums.
I'd rather play a completely vanilla server than play on a half-assed crappy Tekkit server.

TL;DR, STOP MAKING TEKKIT SERVERS. TEKKIT ISN'T FUN OR TRENDY.

Tekkit is loving overused.

It's-
it's seriously loving overused. Just. Stop it. Seriously. You're better than this. Oh wait, this is the Blockland Forums.
I'd rather play a completely vanilla server than play on a half-assed crappy Tekkit server.

TL;DR, STOP MAKING TEKKIT SERVERS. TEKKIT ISN'T FUN OR TRENDY.
Well, it used to be, but now it's just overused.

tekkit is fun, it's all of the horrible servers with stupid plugins and terrible admins and ignorant players that make it unfun

tekkit is fun, it's all of the horrible servers with stupid plugins and terrible admins and ignorant players that make it unfun
how 'bout no

how 'bout no

it's fun for me because i like building with all the new stuff, gathering the resources is boring

it's fun for me because i like building with all the new stuff, gathering the resources is boring
NEI?

Currently loading up Azeroth onto my Tekkit home server. Current map compressed: 2.4gb, uncompressed: 8GB - Eastern Kingdoms, waiting for Kalimdor still.

While waiting for that I'm currently building a large underground elven tunnel system on my normal server.

I used to hate tekkit for its content, now I hate it for the fact that the people putting it together refuse to respect the mod authors who don't want their mods used
Moreover they only made the mods work together, but didn't put any real effort into integrating them. Duplicate resources and functionality overcomplicate things - a new player won't know what the forget is going on when you say "engine" because Redpower machines, IC2, Buildcraft, Forestry or what the forget else
(Also EE2 is bad and it should feel bad)

Like if you looked at my mod list (okay I know, I won't link it this time because it's obnoxious plugging my content) you'd see I don't include IC2, but it's not because I don't like IC2 - I just think it's redundant. You don't need it - Buildcraft and RP2 have their own power systems, Metallurgy has essentially a macerator and Thermal Expansion has something similar with some other bonus functionality, RP2 has blulectric furnaces and TE has a BC-powered furnace too. IC2 just isn't needed, as cool as it is, and I prefer the other versions because the crafting is a bit less complex.

I could run a tumblr blog where I post a rant a day about minecraft mods, wow
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:56:18 PM by M »

how 'bout no

How 'bout you're not the grandmaster opinion maker?

NEI?

There's a difference between legitimately gathering the resources to build machines and using a mod to click a button and get all the resources instantly. Some people like Tekkit more than NEI because it feels like they actually worked for the resources.

How 'bout you're not the grandmaster opinion maker?
You're not the grandmaster fact maker either.
There's a difference between legitimately gathering the resources to build machines and using a mod to click a button and get all the resources instantly. Some people like Tekkit more than NEI because it feels like they actually worked for the resources.
SOME, not ALL.

You're not the grandmaster fact maker either.SOME, not ALL.

you're handicapped, who are you?

you are seriously stupid, stop throwing around your opinion and gtfo pl0x

how 'bout no
Opinions: accept that other people's differ to your own
If you're going to disagree with someone's OPINION you need to elaborate on why not just say that you disagree. It's a waste of everyone's time otherwise, because it doesn't actually spur any discussion of the topic.

If they're stating something FACTUAL you are however free to simply say they're wrong, so long as they actually are, because there is evidence outside of your own head to support your claims.

DISCUSSION DISCUSSION

blocky: "i dislike this so i'm going to make everyone else dislike it!!!!!"