Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5778589 times)

..  juuuuusstt gonna leave this here..

I am so not working on a map or anything..
guys
who remembers this?
Well I lost the save to it, and started to make a new version, so far its looking good, Ill post pictures of it tomorrow

I can't get over how good thaumcraft 3 is, it brings back all the wonder and mystery when I first played without the wiki-scrounging

you come across stuff like this and you're like "what the forget is that, do I touch it?"

my only complaint is it takes a metric forgetton of paper to get anything done and reeds grow slow as stuff

no matter how many times I plop down a portal and enter the nether it scares the stuff out of me

I'm just waiting for the day I go through and the lag either causes me to fall through the ground or my portal spawns above a lava lake and I walk out, or a ghast knocks me out while I'm running at 1 FPS

worst thing that happened this time is a lava fall started coming down the mountain my portal spawned next to but it's not too bad
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:22:20 PM by Regulith »

Started Thaumcraft for the first time ever yesterday. I love it so far.

I stayed up all night doing thaumcraft research

I'm kind of stuck because I have next to no sources of movement aspect but I haven't accidentally pulled an all-nighter in minecraft for a very long time and I'm loving it

Started Thaumcraft for the first time ever yesterday. I love it so far.

do it blind unless you get hopelessly stuck (I didn't know about certain sources of the control aspect so I had to look it up so I could finish like 3 pieces of research), it's the most fun that way if you ask me

it really pulls you in and makes you feel like you're actually some clueless guy with a magic wand

why does the nether lag
prolly all 'dem lava 'n' fire animations and all 'dem explosions 'n' mobs with their fancy fireballs 'n' such

why does the nether lag

Because Mojang doesn't know how to optimize their game

Because Mojang doesn't know how to optimize their game
lol oWNED THOSE loving RAM EATERS.

prolly all 'dem lava 'n' fire animations and all 'dem explosions 'n' mobs with their fancy fireballs 'n' such
i've disabled all of that stuff with optifine yet it still lags the same. :l

lol oWNED THOSE loving RAM EATERS.
i've disabled all of that stuff with optifine yet it still lags the same. :l

lighting updates cause the game to lag in the nether

The nether lags horribly when being generated for the first time, and still lags a little bit after that.

How dare they fix something that's broken! After all, we need something to abuse!
I understand it was a bug and I'm just sad they didn't utilized it.

Rocket Jumping and Bunny Hopping made the arena genre what it is without it arena games become a little more dull without things like cars, I'm looking at you Unreal Tournament.

Don't get me wrong though UT is a great set of games it just feels a little too grounded at times.

Rocket jumping is logical. Using an explosion to propel yourself.

Boosting carts doesn't make sense. There's no explanation for two carts going side by side causing extreme momentum.

Rocket jumping is logical. Using an explosion to propel yourself.

Boosting carts doesn't make sense. There's no explanation for two carts going side by side causing extreme momentum.
First of all it's a video game second of all I've already thought of this:
Just make a "Booster Cart" that has a wooden bumper in it. (This interacts with all carts)

Edit: And by the way I don't want this to replace the current system I would just make it a choice in a MISC options or something.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:47:29 AM by Soukuw »

Why is VoxelSniper so god damn difficult to use?

First of all it's a video game
Oh look it's this argument again.

I didn't mention anything about realism. I said it doesn't make the least bit of sense.