Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5955702 times)

Yeah, 1.6 is out. You gotta get the new launcher at http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1163345-new-minecraft-launcher first though.
Spoiler: The new launcher is hardly an improvement and looks butt ugly.

Changed the idea of mob difficulty[11]
Regional difficulty: The longer you spend in one area, the harder it gets

This should be the other way around, the longer you stay in an area the easier it gets, not only does it make it so you can have a safe zone for your home but you also will have mined the stuff out so there isn't really any reward for the difficulty.

I would have personally made it so the entire world starts out easy and slowly ramps up as you play it getting harder and harder and harder and the only safe locations are the places you stay a lot the rest of the locations become insanely hard and require you to be extremely careful trying to get the loot.

Today's the day! Gotta hurry!

I like how the villagers make squidward noises now.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

The new launcher is a piece of stuff

lmao, the new launcher is awesome

Quote from: Minecraft Wiki: Coal Blocks
As a fuel source, it can smelt 80 items, whereas every coal used one-by-one would only result in 72 items smelted.

Gonna go ahead and group up all of my coal now.

holy forget
the new "the longer you stay in a chunk(or somethin), the harder it gets"
its loving crazy on hardcore.
(i always make my worlds on hardcore :) )

Some sounds won't play for me :C

For example:
Villager sounds
chest open sound (and animation won't play either)
putting a block down sound

The minecraft wiki needs a fix. When I click 'random page' I don't want to read the Spanish version of the article on doors, nor do I want to read about the cloud blocks in the Aether.

Someone host a server

Spoiler: The new launcher is hardly an improvement and looks butt ugly.
how is it hardly an improvement?

all the new stuff in it is great

it does look rather butt ugly though. (warning: terrible joke ahead) i know, i am a butt expert.

I played on 1.5.2 with the old launcher to see if my 1,5 mods still worked, and then I left.
Now when I try to play 1.6 with the new launcher, the instant I spawn in my world, not much loads, and I can't move, the only thing I can move is my mouse arrow.
Then I clicked Esc and this showed up:

"Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Can anyone help?