Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851445 times)

I would really love to see a legitimate "copy" of Minecraft (one that's made by a serious company, not 10 year olds in Unity) that would support modding through lua or other very common "plug & play" scripting language and would have fixed everything that Minecraft is doing wrong at the moment including engine, hitboxes, collision, reasonless lag unless you assign 1 terabyte of RAM to the game and so on and so forth.
I've always wanted to do something of the sort, but once anybody does they're going to get flamed relentlessly simply because it's a clone.

Minecraft devs seem to be afraid to add new features, and reluctant to add new types of blocks or building materials just for the sake of having them for building. Yet they are totally fine with adding usless mobs such as the Endermite

Minecraft devs seem to be afraid to add new features, and reluctant to add new types of blocks or building materials just for the sake of having them for building. Yet they are totally fine with adding usless mobs such as the Endermite
And horses.

Let's not forget about the horses added from some bloody mod that has no aesthetics that fit to Minecraft and have overly complicated mechanics.

does anyone have a minecraft.jar with the shaders mod already installed because i'm a failure at installing that
i'm going to make this REAL simple for you so your inevitable excuse why it didn't work/was too hard is complete and total bullstuff:
1.) download the FTB launcher directly from here: http://www.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/43578b7c5c73be3640935b94825e5054/launcher%5EFTB_Launcher.exe
2.) boot it when it finishes downloading, ensure everything's up to date (java etc)
3.) you'll see five tabs on the top of it. you should already be at "ftb modpacks", stay there.
4.) partially scroll down until you see "FTB Horizons".
5.) a little button called Edit Mod pack is near the top below the tabs, click it and "add mod" on bottom right. add both optifine and the shaders mod you're using for 1.6.4. disable ALL other mods except forge, add anything you might want.
6.) play.

Shaders are quite pretty.

i'm going to make this REAL simple for you so your inevitable excuse why it didn't work/was too hard is complete and total bullstuff:
there was absolutely no need for this

I like shaders
this makes me want to bbuy a new graphics card just to run shaders

my comp sucks monkey richard

i may have made a weeee bit too much metal.

....also courted a lot of animals

-snip-

Is that a server? I can see another island in the distance

The server i frequently go on wants me to apply for moderator shud i do et

Is that a server? I can see another island in the distance

Its probably a generated structure

Its probably a generated structure
It's a server world; Argrarian skies servers have multiple colored houses.

the title needs to be update cause 1.7.10

ONTOPIC:my cuz got minecraft his user is Nitefire1337

i may have made a weeee bit too much metal.
-snip-
liquid doesn't work like that wtf
smelteries pls

Been getting further in progress on the mountain home thing I've been building, interior is okay, I'm not that great with doing interior work.

Edit:

Testing out with some more higher resolution screenshots, eventually more to come.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:03:25 PM by suburb »