Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5849634 times)

Dirt blocks get covered in grass after a while if they're exposed to enough light.

But only if the dirt/tilled block has a grass block touching it

But only if the dirt/tilled block has a grass block touching it
Oh.
I didn't know that.
I guess that would explain a couple of things.

:( why dosnt this game have a basic lan join?
or why cant you do a simple ip join to 1 friend?

i dont think i should have to run a dedi just to play with my friend. :(
and we dont plan to play hardcore enough to need computer resources and 3+ players

:( why dosnt this game have a basic lan join?
or why cant you do a simple ip join to 1 friend?

i dont think i should have to run a dedi just to play with my friend. :(
and we dont plan to play hardcore enough to need computer resources and 3+ players

It does have basic lan, he just has to be using your network connection. (Hence "LAN")

we are on the lan...
but how do you join then?

i cant create a multi game without using the dedi server.
and he could only join by ip, as it is apparently the only way to join a game. obviously that dosnt work.

do i really have to use the stupid server software?

Connect via local IP, And if one of the computers is hosting put in "localhost" instead of It's IP.

And you're going to have to use the dedicated server software as there is no other way to host (As of now)

Is it possible to play LAN with two people on the same account? Perhaps by setting the server to offline-mode and connecting to localhost?

cool then.
how do you load a saved map/game into the dedi?

cool then.
how do you load a saved map/game into the dedi?

There's a folder named "world" inside of where you keep the server software. That's the world it will use when it starts. Just replace the folder with any other save and rename it to world.

There's a folder named "world" inside of where you keep the server software. That's the world it will use when it starts. Just replace the folder with any other save and rename it to world.

Better way is to open server.properties in Notepad and change the "level-name=putworldsnamehere" to change what world the server shall play on. If none exist with that name it will generate a new one under that name.

Is it possible to play LAN with two people on the same account? Perhaps by setting the server to offline-mode and connecting to localhost?
Check the link I posted at the top of this page.

Spider Jockey spotted! (My 2nd.)

It doesn't really look like he is on it...