Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5956476 times)

oh god man my friend's computer is just like that when i was over there it took like 5 minutes just to open up MY COMPUTER

my friend wont listen to me. he takes offense to any technical advice i have. like im attacking his e-peen or something.
but he has one of the messiest clusterforget computers i have ever seen.

not viruses mind you, messy installations, multiple OSs stacked on multiple HDs.
improperly installed programs in the wrong window's folders.
temp files, registries, cache from old OS's running alongside new ones.

you guys ever see that show about people who do that hoarding crap?
this is like the PC equivalent. like that scared feeling you get seeing someone live so unorganized and inefficient; while they are completely oblivious to it ; ;

my friend wont listen to me. he takes offense to any technical advice i have. like im attacking his e-peen or something.

not viruses mind you, messy installations, multiple OSs stacked on multiple HDs.

this is like the PC equivalent. like that scared feeling you get seeing someone live so unorganized and inefficient; while they are completely oblivious to it ; ;

Lol. Tell him to defrag on a weekly/monthly basis, uninstall all junk, and to change some things in 'msconfig' on the startup.

I have 6g memory, at first my computer was so full of crap I couldn't run Minecraft.

Now that I reformatted things run a lot smoother. :D

Ok, I have a mine w/ a house on top of it built into a hill, then the house has a workbench, bed, and 4 furnaces, and outside the minehouse, there is a underground hole (4x4 dirt or bigger) with 3 2x1 chests.
yee

I built my house on some ice in the middle of an ocean and got a little dirt, planted a tree, make a well type thing that goes strait through the water underground without getting wet and to a mine. It's pretty cool.

my friend has 4g memory. but crashes every 15 min because of memory shortage.

we tried everything, short of him FINALLY reformatting if he ever does. but his comp is a huge clutter mess, i am almost sure a clean slate would fix the issue.
Change the amount of memory Java can access. By default it's either 512MB or 1024MB.

Hey guys I need help.

So i downloaded Minecraft to my desktop but after playing for a few minutes it crashes.

What do?

What is the error?

God, you guys and your problems. D:
I have 760mb of ram, and running with OptiMine and OptiFog gives me 20+ fps. I'm also using an Intel chipset from 2004 with the latest drivers being from 2005 or so.

What is the error?

God, you guys and your problems. D:
I have 760mb of ram, and running with OptiMine and OptiFog gives me 20+ fps. I'm also using an Intel chipset from 2004 with the latest drivers being from 2005 or so.
So you're running on an Intel 85865G or equivalent?
It supports OpenGL 1.3, so it runs Minecraft.

i so want to see that Desktop :o

what does defraging your computer do? will it uninstall my games and stuff?

what does defraging your computer do? will it uninstall my games and stuff?

Google 'Defragmentation'

New block types: Stone Brick, Mossy Stone Brick, Cracked Stone Brick, some weird vine thingy?