Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5854844 times)

trymos, did you open that server you were talking about?

can someone host a minecraft server where we make our own adventure or survival map?

Updated the OP for information about 1.2.5. Thank you for PMing me (You know who you are) instead of posting in the thread. Like I said before, if you would like to get in contact with me, send me a PM. I get emails when I get PMs so I can easily see when you would like me to change something about the thread.
yay~

whatever happened with that documentary that they received funding for and never made?

>cdog is on willcraft

guess I'm never playing on that server again, bummer

edit: does he even have an active forum account or does he just lurk?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:23:35 PM by Regulith »

trymos, did you open that server you were talking about?
no, had major problems.
with some mods not working at all.
had to get essentials and configure it and other stuff, not to mention port fowarding changed so port fowarding is going to be hard as stuff again.

if you want you can test the port fowarding, seeing if you can connect or not.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:35:36 PM by Trymos »

So MineZ is public. Has been for a while. It's pretty fun but the public servers are full of douchebags. There is a player limit of 170 (175 but five are reserved for admins). There aren't many towns and the map is pretty small for that many people - especially since there is a huge amount of people and you all spawn along the southern coast. I actually posted this on Reddit, but it sums up what goes on in the public servers:

"PvP isn't the problem. It actually adds an interesting element of danger. The problem is the huge amount of people in each server and the amount of douchebags.

For starters there are few towns, a small map and a large amount of people. Towns are full of people ready to kill anyone that even so glances at them. Supplies are scarce - but not spread out. They are scarce because a few people have the majority of it and use it to kill others for the starter items.
The other people who don't have supplies either actually try to survive like you are meant to - or have given up all hope and turn the server into a deathmatch.

Again, PvP is not a problem. It's the people. I don't mind if I run into a bandit - cool, there's some excitement. But people aren't killing because they are trying to survive in this tough apocalyptic world. They are killing for the hell of it.

People who have maps, coordinates and get on the server first, take all the supplies and kill everyone rule the server. They don't care about surviving. They just need to find some food, and wait for their next victim.

People who kill just for the hell of it are a huge problem for people who actually want to experience the server for more than ten minutes. I like to think of them as greifers. Once someone sees them kill someone, they will react and kill them - and the process will repeat and there is suddenly a huge deathmatch going on.

People who actually want to experience the server, survive, kill a few zombies, maybe team up and make a friend are outnumbered and are easily killed off if they don't fall into one of the two douchebag groups mentioned.

If anything, there needs to be less people allowed into each server - and spawns need to surround the perimeter of the map; the entire coast. Not just the south coast, that makes it even more crowded than it should be."

Other than that it has a lot of potential and can be a lot of fun.

There's 50,000,000 counter-arguments for that. The most prominent being when they kill you they get items.

I guess you won't mind giving me 50,000,000 arguments than.

I'm not surprised this is coming from you. If you had actually read what I said, you would know what I'm talking about. These people who kill people for fun are not trying to survive or be bandits to survive. They literally join just to kill people. They aren't looking for some zombie apocalypse survival experience you find in DayZ, they are looking for a deathmatch - and this ruins it for others.

One of the developers or admins admitted the pubs have a lot more douchebags than the private servers. That's because you have to pay to get into the private servers - these are the people who are looking for an actual DayZ experience in Minecraft. No one is going to pay $25 or more to get into a private server just to kill people, it's not worth it.

For those looking for a little challenge

1. Start Hardcore game.
2. You're only allowed to use wooden tools and building with wood.
3. You must play this on repeat every night, all night.
4. You're only allowed to build during the day. (As soon as mobs take sun damage)
5. Your home "base" must be on the ground.
6. You may only eat raw food.
7. No farms
8. Survive 10 days.

Good luck.

cant we play the japanese version of the song!??!

cant we play the japanese version of the song!??!

No silly, that makes the night a disco funk club.

The war began, the earth trembling with fear! Bold, brainy and cold-hearted. Distance grows closer, little by little. Wow! The power he posesses is incredible! He doesn't stand a chance.

wait during the morning can we play stardust speedway present