Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851305 times)

I'm still updating the topic, yes.
I thought you OD'd on cinnamon.

he still updates and browses the forums

browses the forums
Not really. Just the occasional check up on the topic.

Any way to disable PVP on a LAN server?
Cousins are getting pissed off at each other and thus resulting in them killing.

Any way to disable PVP on a LAN server?
Cousins are getting pissed off at each other and thus resulting in them killing.
slap them both in the face whenever they fight each other.

slap them both in the face whenever they fight each other.
That works too I guess.

god this is bullstuff.  I have to stop and wait like every few seconds if I'm sprinting because the loving game doesn't load chunks fast enough.  I'm running the game off my SSD how long can this stuff take.

This is ridiculous.  I'm sticking with 1.2.5 until they fix chunk loading.  I know they made the change of making singleplayer like a multiplayer server for a reason but this is just wasting my time.

inb4 "omg luddite", this update blows and you know it.

inb4 "get a better computer", I'm running on a better computer than most of you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:33:25 PM by Nickelob Ultra »

Yeah. I'd have to concur with Nick, this update has loving ruined single player. It's like I'm connecting through localhost with Minecraft's horrible networking, it's taking twice the resources it should be taking, and I'm forced to load chunks from this gay ass listen server instead of my hard drive. Development has gone down the drain since 1.7, and this just takes the cake. If you're going to make the client be able to host, either take the chunks from the hard drive instead of taking them from a loving localhost server (which would be at least 12x faster because of minecraft's loving horrible network backbone,) or fix networking.

just give us the option to start a server internally.

Problems:
Computer wont let me install java.

Minecraft wont Download Packages

Great optimization when I'm joining a LAN!

Meanwhile playing by myself

Fixed my problem. Somehow i downloaded a Malware called RelavantKnowledge. It was blocking Minecraft.

I dont know how to delete it :C
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:07:03 PM by Menen »

just give us the option to start a server internally.
I doubt it.  The change was made to make it easier to add more changes and eventually add an easy API for the game's modding back-end.  It just sucks that now Minecraft is practically slow, SSD or HDD.