Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5851196 times)

and we also need tiles. I want tiled floors of different materials and colors plz

cosmetic blocks are really not something they should be focusing on right now

a survival game should not be "survive for 15 minutes and then be safe for the next eternity"

cosmetic blocks are really not something they should be focusing on right now
it's funny because a while ago everyone was complaining about the decorative stuff that they were adding

tbh I'm fine with decorative stuff as long as it's being worked on as a side project by someone who has nothing to do while everyone else works on survival mechanics

well if you're so creative why don't you come up with one?
I never said I was mr. creativity, I was saying that your inability to come up with a texture for a block is not a reason it should not exist.

I never said I was mr. creativity, I was saying that your inability to come up with a texture for a block is not a reason it should not exist.

here's the thing: all other stair blocks are made using textures or parts of textures from their block counterparts

doing this with stone slabs makes for a very ugly stair, and any other possible combination clashes with

you know what, I forgot who I'm talking to here, never mind

i meant that i have a tekkit server open and does anyone want to play w/ me e.e

here's the thing: all other stair blocks are made using textures or parts of textures from their block counterparts

doing this with stone slabs makes for a very ugly stair, and any other possible combination clashes with

you know what, I forgot who I'm talking to here, never mind
What a nice way to dismiss an argument, i could just as well say "you're a friend"  and be done with it. What you fail to understand is that smooth stone slabs have no stairs, while all other slabs have stair counterparts. It is possible to create stairs that fit with the smoothstone slabs. You insist on using textures from the slab, while i'm saying you make a smooth counterpart. You could just as well use the top texture for slabs on the whole stair block and it would look fine.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:18:41 PM by fred da kiko »

oh shiiit-
Mystcraft decided to go apestuff and make a world where it's the nether-but with normal blocks, apparently the opposite from the VERY LAST book that sent me to a flatlands full of normal grass and stuff and ghasts and pigmen.

Now it takes forever to load.

What a nice way to dismiss an argument, i could just as well say "you're a friend"  and be done with it. What you fail to understand is that smooth stone slabs have no stairs, while all other slabs have stair counterparts. It is possible to create stairs that fit with the smoothstone slabs. You insist on using textures from the slab, while i'm saying you make a smooth counterpart. You could just as well use the top texture for slabs on the whole stair block and it would look fine.

I do have to say that those are less than ideal. Normally there would be a darkening or lightening around the edge of each separate block, and that's not the case there. That could easily be fixed though, to make a pretty nice looking result.

I do have to say that those are less than ideal. Normally there would be a darkening or lightening around the edge of each separate block, and that's not the case there. That could easily be fixed though, to make a pretty nice looking result.
Of course it could be improved, but I made these in a few minutes by replacing one texture without any coding or modification of the texture.

Anyone know of any good servers, doesn't have to be blockland hosted.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:36:33 PM by fred da kiko »

Mod API coming in January.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/680-breaking-news-modding-api-updates/

They are really into the Mod API right now, apparently. They just want to get that done with for the most part so they can stop worrying so much about doing bug fixes. It's like, they either make bug fixes or have mod makers bug fix. And that doesn't work out.

They're doing the modding API because the entire community is telling them to, and with good reason.

They are also making sure it works out the way the community wants it. Of course early on it probably won't be ideal, but once all the reports are in, things should get working. Basically, don't expect it to be perfect off the bat - just make sure they know what's wrong.

Will mods like Optifine be added to vanilla?
Something even better.  Overall, the game engine is being simplified, taking most of the load off of the client, and having the server doing the heavy work, greatly improving SMP.
I fail to see how that answers or even relates to the question.

Man, every time I read about the mod API it's full of non-answers and forgetups like this. I'm pretty sure it's gonna turn out stuff simply because half the time they don't even seem to know what they're talking about.

They already said once that the Optifine team said they don't want their mod incorporated into Minecraft, so instead they are doing what Optifine does manually. Basically, it won't be exactly like Optifine. They'll just do what Optifine does: Clean up the game, make it run better, etc. It won't be just like it because they can't just template off it rightfully.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:30:13 AM by MegaScientifical »