Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5840852 times)

The resource pack system is actually pretty damn clever. From what I've read, texture packs will be mods and vice versa.

I don't plan on working on my texture pack anymore :/

Resource Packs won't be how mods are implemented. They are for whatever you'd directly modify/add. You can edit and add language and sound files, of course similarly with textures. Mod will be packed differently for their use in the API. Maybe there would be the option to mix them for ease, but I'm not sure about that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:02:59 PM by MegaScientifical »

Notch or whatever needs to add command blocks to the creative menu ASAP.

Notch or whatever needs to add command blocks to the creative menu ASAP.
Not sure why they haven't done it already, haha.

Even if there's a good reason for not having done it, what could go wrong?

I wish John smith was updated :c

Notch doesn't involve himself with Minecraft more than passively with any old requirements or coding. Command Blocks have the power to utilize many powerful commands outside of the player's hand, so they will not be added to the creative mode inventory. They are keeping the ability to obtain them centralized so it is easier to control access. If you have a high-security server, you only need to prevent that command from working for certain people. Anyone without the permission to use /give (instead of just being in creative) can't have access to them. Etc.

trying to set up a dedi on my friends desktop.
i have forwarded tcp 25565 on that device and it looks fine. but i cannot connect
and canyouseeme.org says its still closed.
i connected to it fine for a day last week and it worked, but now her comp is unable to host apparently.

whats the dealyo

Notch doesn't involve himself with Minecraft more than passively with any old requirements or coding. Command Blocks have the power to utilize many powerful commands outside of the player's hand, so they will not be added to the creative mode inventory. They are keeping the ability to obtain them centralized so it is easier to control access. If you have a high-security server, you only need to prevent that command from working for certain people. Anyone without the permission to use /give (instead of just being in creative) can't have access to them. Etc.
you need OP to use any of the commands.

Yes, to do /give you need Operator status, but any player could be given Creative. Making the only access to them through an Operator command in vanilla helps control placing and use. You know who should have the block to begin with - Operators. Basically, since it does have the possibility for power, they want it as controlled as possible.

Edit: 2x2x2 "Unlootable Dispenser" design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHkeM6Ui36U
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:11:46 PM by MegaScientifical »

Yes, to do /give you need Operator status, but any player could be given Creative. Making the only access to them through an Operator command in vanilla helps control placing and use. You know who should have the block to begin with - Operators. Basically, since it does have the possibility for power, they want it as controlled as possible.

Edit: 2x2x2 "Unlootable Dispenser" design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHkeM6Ui36U

That is really cool. I wonder if Hypixel and other map makers will use this.

seems great for adventures!

if they don't mind having extra space to put it, thankfully it's not much

Could also be possible to have a mob spawner that spawns items specifically right onto the hopper to keep it filled, although that might be insecure. Maybe expand the system back a little and feed it from the back hopper into the paused one.

Would anyone be interested if I hosted a Voltz server?

Would anyone be interested if I hosted a Voltz server?
I would. What's the IP? My in-game name is hskids07.