Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5835811 times)

I personally like to explore mods outside of those industrialization/modernization mods. I think they are against the enjoyment of the game. Something like magic, weapons or additional dungeons, biomes or more crafting is acceptable, but things like Equivalent Exchange, IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft are just leading to a fake Creative and while pretty interesting to use, I feel no accomplishment doing anything with them and it feels more like cheating.
This so much
its why I prefer mods like Divine RPG, Hack slash Mine, Aether etc.

This so much
its why I prefer mods like Divine RPG, Hack slash Mine, Aether etc.

Was Divine RPG updated to 1.7.2 yet?

Anyone got a list of good mods for 1.7.2? I'm playing on that version seeing as most of the mods I like have that version supported.

i just think vanilla minecraft is better without the mods adding partly useless content
thats just my opinion tho

Pictures of my latest construction project

Quite different once polished up with walls and lights

Had my processor working overtime for my Minecraft server, granted the i7 3630qm has turbo-boost up to 3.4 GHz so it's nothing normal to see.  Note, it's not running on the same computer I am playing on, that would be silly.

does tekkit add any dinosaurs new mobs

Pictures of my latest construction project

Quite different once polished up with walls and lights

Had my processor working overtime for my Minecraft server, granted the i7 3630qm has turbo-boost up to 3.4 GHz so it's nothing normal to see.  Note, it's not running on the same computer I am playing on, that would be silly.

Is this on a server? Also, what modpack are you using?

Is this on a server? Also, what modpack are you using?

It's my own dedicated server, and I don't install just one simple modpack, I have 26 mods running independent of each other through Forge on 1.6.4

It's my own dedicated server, and I don't install just one simple modpack, I have 26 mods running independent of each other through Forge on 1.6.4

so thats why you have default textures mixed with 32x textures

so thats why you have default textures mixed with 32x textures

I have never really been bothered by it to be honest, I have texture packs but I just seem to enjoy the mixture of 32x and 64x and it is completely weird but it works out for me at least.

I might want to join, but you would need to post a link of all 26 mods, or have them in a folder and put it on mediafire.

Edit: 

After running the server and building on it for a bit, CPU as far as I can tell is being utilized to where I am satisfied, temps aren't half bad, not the best but not drastic enough to melt it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:06:52 PM by suburb »

Was Divine RPG updated to 1.7.2 yet?
well idk about Divine rpg but the creator made a new mod called Eternal Isles thats updated to 1.7.2.

Edit: 

After running the server and building on it for a bit, CPU as far as I can tell is being utilized to where I am satisfied, temps aren't half bad, not the best but not drastic enough to melt it.

Lucky you, I only have an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, at least I can run those resource heavy modpacks, with a little fps decrease here and there. Im dumb, my gpu and ram are used for MC.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:49:59 PM by Xillogean »

sir are you running your server on a potato? i dont think it should be skipping ticks that much lol.

i guess you have a lot of mods but still.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:59:35 PM by Waru »