Author Topic: Houses  (Read 16970 times)

Badspot is working on two games. That means he pays half the attention to both.

Do you still wonder why there are a lack of updates? I know other RPGs that are updated considerably less frequently. Not that I can name them off the top of my head or something.

As do i im just saying its nice to KNOW what hes working on at the time and whats stopping him from doing work. I mean he does have a life and i dont say we need to know all about it but he could be more personable.

Yeah...

And about the lighting mission..When the House Owner logs out..The lights turn off.

It doesn't work like that at all. :P

Dur... well ACTUALLY... uhmmm... too damn hard to think of how you could use physical region markers(like teh "Port Town" box to tell teh client YOU DONT HAVE TO LIGHT THIS, and lighting isnt lights its shadow generation, with the night-day cycle thing i thing BS can make the lighting do ANYTHING though(as in get teh server and client to light / not light various things)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 11:37:48 PM by Anti-Cop »

And all he would really have to do is copy Inn for guild houses and Copy the Restoration house by Spawn for houses..Really thats it.

Badspot is working on two games. That means he pays half the attention to both.

Do you still wonder why there are a lack of updates? I know other RPGs that are updated considerably less frequently. Not that I can name them off the top of my head or something.

As do i im just saying its nice to KNOW what hes working on at the time and whats stopping him from doing work. I mean he does have a life and i dont say we need to know all about it but he could be more personable.

Yeah...

And about the lighting mission..When the House Owner logs out..The lights turn off.

It doesn't work like that at all. :P

Dur... well ACTUALLY... uhmmm... too damn hard to think of how you could use physical region markers(like teh "Port Town" box to tell teh client YOU DONT HAVE TO LIGHT THIS, and lighting isnt lights its shadow generation, with the night-day cycle thing i thing BS can make the lighting do ANYTHING though(as in get teh server and client to light / not light various things)

There's really nothing to tell an interior not to light. If it doesn't light then it is completely black.

Also have it so a House comes with 5 Spare keys (not including the owners key) You can give them to freinds or such..When the keys in your inventory..You can open the door..And guild houses come with about 15-20 keys.

Also have it so a House comes with 5 Spare keys (not including the owners key) You can give them to freinds or such..When the keys in your inventory..You can open the door..And guild houses come with about 15-20 keys.

pointless and obvious thing to post...

On lighting, telling teh interior NOT to light has teh purpose of preventing massive lag, although it would affect only those who log in while said houseowner wasn't in-game so its pointless.

pointless and obvious thing to post...

On lighting, telling teh interior NOT to light has teh purpose of preventing massive lag, although it would affect only those who log in while said houseowner wasn't in-game so its pointless.

I don't think you understand..if an interior doesn't light then it's completely black. No texture detail, nothing. Black. And when you reconnect it would light anyway. So adding in code so relight was optional would only keep it black. Does that make sense?

In case anyone is wondering, a quick on this topic revealed 6 other topics on this same subject, and that was after the forum reset. Who knows how many times its been sugested before, I can't remember much from the old forums, and there are few archives.

Also, when an interior isn't lit (which its must be, unless it is spawned while you are in the server), it is black, unless there is a light source inside it, in which case, it lights up.

You can't avoid lighting when you connect. It would require an engine change, not to mention the change would be stupid. You are better off designing a dark interior, and then using a light source and a trigger to create a light switch, which lights it up.

Actually i must confess that I never thoguht that the not lighting unoccupied houses would work ANYWAY and yes you make sense eternal, at least to those of use blessed with knowledge of what the TGE does with lighting et cetera, I know a limited degree of how things work and try to reflect it in my ideas.

On the "Light Switch: that was just posted it wont work for said reason that a relighting would need to occur.. unless perhaps teh interior was lighted as dark so when you flipped teh switch it would be like teh gold hook effect(Jolly Idea wedge i suppose it does work) and would show your dark-lighted interior as brightened by your light.

I don't care. I can't see lighting anyway, yet it insists on loading the lightmaps on loadup.

Yea well your computer hates AoT freet. And thats OT posting btw. I think...

65% of the posts on this forum really ought to be in off topic.

ya i think the post what ever you want should be in off topic

theres like ten of those in off topic thats on the first page

If there were houses i could finaly build T Eribo's Hideout :)

5 pages in a post made today! eep.

Anyway heres something i kept that may excite you,

Ignore top line