Author Topic: Blockland Retail Beta Sreenshot Gallery (many pics).  (Read 101501 times)

oh good
that gives me a chance to post this
http://Barto.justgotowned.com

I think that is way over used by noobs and they are too lazy to make a real thing saying someone just got owned.
thats the first, and only, time i have posted that
shut up!
i just wanted one chance to post that

Looks like theres no Editor Wand?

There wasn't a wand for 0002, and there isn't one for retail.

I'm guessing RTB will be putting that back in.

entrepreneur in dont you have beta

The progress is looking fantastic. One of the games I will be looking forward to purchasing in the coming year or so (alongside supreme commander ;)

There wasn't a wand for 0002, and there isn't one for retail.
I'm guessing RTB will be putting that back in.
For all we know the building process could have been revamped to a point where one isn't required. Can someone who has played the recent beta comment on this?

Personally I don't even use the wand as I feel it detracts from the "you're a minifig building with bricks" look and feel. If you want no geometric restrictions on what you're building, go use a real 3d modelling program. :P

i would love to not need a wand. i use mainly for lag sake, that we know is much better in retail.

but it would be nice to never see it again even in retail. but the mods will kinda "ruin" that.
Not that im forced to use it, but the servers i will be in, others WILL use it. and it would be nice to never see wanded items, just for lego'ish sake

"Just for the lego-ish sake"?
If you hadn't noticed, all of retail is no longer lego.
And scaling is a very useful feature that can make your builds look cleaner, sharper, and more complex. I wouldn't ever want to give that up.

I'd actually want to base off of lego and into a 'constructer' game.  Theres no chance that I'd get beta, 'cause BS hates dislikes me.  Dunno why.  Congrats to all that got it.

@ The Maze Pic:  Hay!  Thats how I build my mazes!

Badspot

• Administrator
Personally I don't even use the wand as I feel it detracts from the "you're a minifig building with bricks" look and feel. If you want no geometric restrictions on what you're building, go use a real 3d modelling program. :P

Someone who gets it!

The point of blockland is building in real-time multiplayer under geometric and logical restrictions.  The restrictions are what gives you direction and ideas.  Rules are what seperate games from tech demos and editors.  <hugenerd> Haven't you guys seen ep 26 of evangelion? </hugenerd>

The road was originally modeled after Lego airport pieces, which have lines like that.  I'll probably change them eventually as part of the de-legoing process. 

it doesnt look like lego. 0002 did, so why not retail?
why cant post-retail versions of rtb work with 0002? i guess im stuck with 1.045.
and why are you making it retail anyway? i doubt it would reach my local gamestop.
  • It doesn't look like lego because if it did, lego would sue my pants off.  Making a free lego game is one thing, selling it is another.

in my town, gamestop or best buy or ebgames. you choose. :P
but anyway. i give in. all i have to do is make sure mom lets me buy it. i gots the money.
just as long as my persistence files can load unharmed.
  • Post-retail versions of rtb cant work with 0002 because its completely freakin different.  Plus, after playing the retail version, you cannot go back to 0002.  The performance and visual improvements are night and day.
  • The purpose of the retail is to make a little money (I gotta eat you know) and to show that I'm capable of producing a game that people would actually pay for.  After all, people will pretty much play anything if it's free. 
  • If you're only willing to play games that come to your local gamestop, I feel sorry for you.  I hope you have fun with your beat-up greasy used copy of tekken 12 or yet another wwII shooter. 

The plan is to use online distribution, ie pay with a credit card and download.  Also online stores like garage games allow you to pay through the mail with a check or money order. 
i thought about it for a bit and...
i dont hate retail no more.
plus theres a best buy in my town
and im not only willing to buy games from gamestop, their just the most common store in my town
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:43:01 PM by poopskin »

i thought about it for a bit and...
i dont hate retail no more.
plus theres a best buy in my town
and im not only willing to buy games from gamestop, their just the most common store in my town
You'll have a hard time finding it in any retail store. Take a very popular GG game like Marble Blast, and you won't find it in most stores. (Any? I've never seen it, maybe somebody else has...) Take a far less popular game like BL, and the chances decrease. You'll probably just have to order online.

ok Don't start this Crap about it being sold online and I beat I'll never see it at a store... Unless it gets to a point of Epic I don't think it will be in stores only online places...

well badspot i think your gonna hit it big with retail and you will possibly , if it takes off, you can make your living of this, but not in that skrich kinda way were you make other people pay for your house