Author Topic: Blockland Retail Beta Sreenshot Gallery (many pics).  (Read 102563 times)

A few thing I want to say is that bring the caracter back into its roundish shape...or did Lego tell you to jackoff if you did? umm....WTF the road had a line and a road still going to it.....I'll get a pic of what I mean....anyways thanks for the pics....I wish I could beta test. :(

EDIT: There it is...Also...wtf is with the pine trees? THEY DON'T HAVE FINS! :(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:14:58 AM by El Barto »

Its obvise Who Badspot picked to Beta Test he picked the Smart ones of the Forums XP

ok... im actually starting to look forwards to this new one....
i love the jello water

it looks great but still sucks in its own way like wtf with the blockheads it looks like stuff

This is....incredible...no lag, and the game looks better...? DOES NOT COMPUTE

But anyways, retail is looking awesome! I saw some horses in the background of one of the pics, what are those like?

it looks great but still sucks in its own way like wtf with the blockheads it looks like ice cream
Maor, Get yer ass on MSN or Unblock me or whatever.

A few thing I want to say is that bring the caracter back into its roundish shape...or did Lego tell you to jackoff if you did? umm....WTF the road had a line and a road still going to it.....I'll get a pic of what I mean....anyways thanks for the pics....I wish I could beta test. :(

EDIT: There it is...Also...wtf is with the pine trees? THEY DON'T HAVE FINS! :(

Dude, its the beta.

I know....the road looks like it was hand made....could just be me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:16:59 PM by El Barto »

reasons i dispise retail:
it doesnt look like lego. 0002 did, so why not retail?
why cant post-retail versions of rtb work with 0002? i guess im stuck with 1.045.
and why are you making it retail anyway? i doubt it would reach my local gamestop.

->.< ugghhugghuhh retail

i know. we could like over the internet
would that work?

Yeah but of course many people would be waiting a while. Plus i'd like to ask, it will be avaliable in England right?

Badspot

• Administrator
The road was originally modeled after Lego airport pieces, which have lines like that.  I'll probably change them eventually as part of the de-legoing process. 

it doesnt look like lego. 0002 did, so why not retail?
why cant post-retail versions of rtb work with 0002? i guess im stuck with 1.045.
and why are you making it retail anyway? i doubt it would reach my local gamestop.
  • It doesn't look like lego because if it did, lego would sue my pants off.  Making a free lego game is one thing, selling it is another.
  • Post-retail versions of rtb cant work with 0002 because its completely freakin different.  Plus, after playing the retail version, you cannot go back to 0002.  The performance and visual improvements are night and day.
  • The purpose of the retail is to make a little money (I gotta eat you know) and to show that I'm capable of producing a game that people would actually pay for.  After all, people will pretty much play anything if it's free. 
  • If you're only willing to play games that come to your local gamestop, I feel sorry for you.  I hope you have fun with your beat-up greasy used copy of tekken 12 or yet another wwII shooter. 

...it will be avaliable in England right?

The plan is to use online distribution, ie pay with a credit card and download.  Also online stores like garage games allow you to pay through the mail with a check or money order. 

oh goody...
but would rtb still be a game you can play for free?

Badspot

• Administrator
As for who gets in the beta and who doesn't: Right now I'm keeping it quite small because I'm hosting it from my house and I wouldn't be able to download research if the server was full all the time.  I'd use my awesome server, but right now its busy hosting this website and AoT. 

Also there are no trust lists, user authentication, or other jerk management systems in place yet.  So I've gotta keep it limited to people that I know won't fight with eachother for the time being. 

Badspot

• Administrator
but would rtb still be a game you can play for free?

Well you can't put the genie back in the bottle, so yeah.  But the lure of the shiny retail version will be too much for you eventually.

i predict lots of jelly houses on my part...