Blockland Server Status

Poll

Did Kalphiter copy me? (poll locked)

Yes
No

Author Topic: Blockland Server Status  (Read 10461 times)

Hm, his title idea copied an idea I had a few hours ago, literally, by moments. Stupid people thinking alike.
Or stalking you...

Grrrr, beat me to it!

Also, since it is written in PHP, I assume you have found a way to interface php with blockland, any documentation as to how would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Also, I assume you are using php to generate the image, and php can make much nicer images that that with GD.

I realize its still a beta, have you already improved the image and not released the new version or is that still to be done. (As in, can I help?)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:30:33 PM by BobAndRob »

Tom

I actually wouldn't mind some help. This is based only on the master server, so if a server is dead it will show up as "online". It also seems like it takes a minute or two for the servers to get removed from the master server.

"Based on the master server."

Does that mean that you are not getting the data through BL?

Ace

This is really neat. :D

I've placed it in my account profile so people can see whether or not I'm hosting.

What's the URL to the master server and couldn't you just say DEAD or whatever the same way the join server gui works it out?

Nice.
Now we need a Servers section to forums. :D

http://forum.returntoblockland.com/serverBrowser.php

I suspect i'll make something like this to interface with RTB.

Tom

http://returntoblockland.com/forums/serverMonitor.php

Also, since it is written in PHP, I assume you have found a way to interface php with blockland, any documentation as to how would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
This does not currently work with Blockland. It just reads the master server.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Lol Ephi beat me to it :P

EDIT:
It looks fine right now, but if you have an idea on how to make it look better, please post it here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:27:12 AM by Tom »

Yeah I guess an RTB one would be good. It can show Number of Add-Ons/Server Rank etc. and ping too. I didn't add ping to the RTB Server Browser since the ping connections can't easily be asynchronous so it delays the page load as long as it takes for the slowest/dead servers to reply/not reply.

Tom

Failure
You are attempting to access the system from an external web browser. This is only accessible from ingame.
D:
Ephi ruins plan.

D:
Ephi ruins plan.
Having fun dumping everything? Or were you smart enough to just look in RTB's script?

"asynchronous"
Ah, knew there was a word for that. I always found that topic interesting. I think Ajax is a solution.

Tom

Having fun dumping everything? Or were you smart enough to just look in RTB's script?
I think figured out a haxy way to do it, but I'm not sure if Ephi would approve.

I think figured out a haxy way to do it, but I'm not sure if Ephi would approve.
A haxy way? Mess with POST and http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/help/