Author Topic: Invalid Packets  (Read 1228 times)

I have had it up to here with these invalid packets for other players. I don't edit a single add-on and everyone is getting these loving invalid packets. Last time I had people check the console, it was the Biplane, next it was smoke grenade. I have had it. What is the problem?

Just a error when loading a add-on

But it happens to everyone.

Badspot

• Administrator
Post your console.log

I just joined your server with no problems.  When does the problem occur?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:57:58 PM by Badspot »

Post your console.log

I just joined your server with no problems.  When does the problem occur?
Not my dedicated server. I have a server up now. Once you download all my add-ons from the server and you quit and rejoin, you get an error.

Two things:
1) have you execed anything in-game?(suddenly this has been giving me issues with invalid packets, it may be your problem)
2) Do you have files named the same as other files(i.e both a weapon.png and weapon.dts)
3) will you actually answer these questions or just run around screaming about how you've "had it up to here"?

Ok, here it is.

Badspot

• Administrator
The following add-ons that you are running have preload errors:

Vehicle_Warfer
Vehicle_Stryker
Vehicle_Commando
Vehicle_AA
Props_Heed
Gamemode_zombie

I am adding all of them to the remote fail list.  In this case, I believe Vehicle_AA is the one causing the invalid packet. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:44:53 PM by Badspot »

Vehicle_Commando
Vehicle_AA
Props_Heed
Gamemode_zombie

I am adding all of them to the remote fail list.  In this case, I believe Vehicle_AA is the one causing the invalid packet. 
What was wrong with it? I will check the console to see real quick.

Vehicle_Commando
Vehicle_AA
Props_Heed
Gamemode_zombie

gosh, thats why the zombie game mode takes soo long to execute.
thx I will take these off my bl(except the zombie game mode)

gosh, thats why the zombie game mode takes soo long to execute.
thx I will take these off my bl(except the zombie game mode)
Don't bother, Badspot I think did something to make them not even work anymore. I wanted to fix my AA gun and props but they don't even enable anymore.

Badspot

• Administrator
Add-Ons/Vehicle_AA/Vehicle_AA.cs (0): Register object failed for object AASmokeEmitter of class ParticleEmitterData.
Object 'AASmokeEmitter' is not a member of the 'ParticleEmitterData' data block class

This really shouldn't cause an invalid packet and that issue will be fixed in the next release, but people need to check their stuff for errors.  The other vehicles and such are referencing models that don't exist which is bad.

The zombie mod is referencing the sniper rifle model directly without checking if it exists.  I guess that's not that bad so it gets a pass for now. 

This really shouldn't cause an invalid packet and that issue will be fixed in the next release, but people need to check their stuff for errors.  The other vehicles and such are referencing models that don't exist which is bad.

The zombie mod is referencing the sniper rifle model directly without checking if it exists.  I guess that's not that bad so it gets a pass for now. 
So now all those easy erros I cannot fix because you just completely disabled them?

Badspot

• Administrator
So now all those easy erros I cannot fix because you just completely disabled them?
They are disabled by CRC.  Only the exact broken versions are disabled. 

They are disabled by CRC.  Only the exact broken versions are disabled. 
So just renaming the zip will fix that? I figured out what was wrong with all of them already and it was simple and now I want to check for more errors but I can't. Is there ANY way I can get them to work in my server so I can see what was wrong and correct?