Event Computer: The BlockBook V1.3 -prototype

Author Topic: Event Computer: The BlockBook V1.3 -prototype  (Read 3056 times)

snaily remember me????i have your trust,i remember you,i saw this lap top at bad spots server

Meh, been done before. Spawning items shouldn't be considered a "program" . Screen is only 6 pixels. Idk, just not very impressed. :/

Hey, Snaily. Remember me? When you let me save your server, with the BB on the bed, was it in the latest version?

Meh, been done before. Spawning items shouldn't be considered a "program" . Screen is only 6 pixels. Idk, just not very impressed. :/

Who else has done it? I've never seen a computer that's as small, as portable, and as functional yet.

Most computers I've seen have buttons for each program, and each 'program' just makes a screen pop up, usually using hundreds of named bricks.

Edit: remember if you ever want to try it out, I keep one at Badspot's server. There's a Blockbook in the big black-orange-blue tower on his server right now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:37:51 AM by Snaily »

do you use the old event saver (not the whole new events gui)? I haven't tried it yet, and was wondering this.

do you use the old event saver (not the whole new events gui)? I haven't tried it yet, and was wondering this.

I didn't know there was a new one :)

Who else has done it? I've never seen a computer that's as small, as portable, and as functional yet.

Most computers I've seen have buttons for each program, and each 'program' just makes a screen pop up, usually using hundreds of named bricks.

Edit: remember if you ever want to try it out, I keep one at Badspot's server. There's a Blockbook in the big black-orange-blue tower on his server right now.

Maybe not as "functional", but I've seen plenty laptops. I guess I can't judge it as I haven't seen it in-game, but by functional, do you mean spawning items? How do you have programs with a 6 pixel screen?

The computer is mainly powered by the keyboard. On the main screen, you can open 6 different programs by double clicking a pixel or using the toggle button on the keyboard and then pressing any key. Once in a program, you have multiple keyboard options. Each program is 40-70 events, and do a number of things.

Here's all of the BlockBook's Programs:

Help: Displays 7 help topics (each program has a small help topic as well).
RelayFire: Can find direction and fire relays in four different directions.
BlockTunes: Plays / stops all the default blockland music.
ItemStash: Spawns Tools, Weapons, and some junk.
Preferences: Changes the color or sets a light for the computer.
MediCit: Heals, changes scale, and swaps the datablock of the player.

Edit: The screen also has some functions while in a program.
• Top left pixel: Quits a program
• Top right pixel: (shows the program's color)
• Center pixels: Tells what program you're in
• Bottom left pixel: Toggles options
• Bottom right pixel: Shows options
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:10:10 PM by Snaily »

theres a ton of these, sorry. Why not invent a new system of computer? for example, i built a computer that actually puts you in the game, so when you click the icon on the screen, you get teleported into the game. with that you can have endless possibilities, such as tf2, mirrors edge...and you could have itunes, except with a huge screen that you can actually read

theres a ton of these, sorry. Why not invent a new system of computer? for example, i built a computer that actually puts you in the game, so when you click the icon on the screen, you get teleported into the game. with that you can have endless possibilities, such as tf2, mirrors edge...and you could have itunes, except with a huge screen that you can actually read

Yea tons of ones that just change colors.
And you seem to have forgotten when it teleports you 'into the game' the 'game' is required space.
So if you made a save of it, it would require the huge space of that build.

Yea tons of ones that just change colors.
And you seem to have forgotten when it teleports you 'into the game' the 'game' is required space.
So if you made a save of it, it would require the huge space of that build.

I think people are missing the point of my computer. I didn't try to make another huge computer. I made a computer that can be made on any server, quickly, and still have a practical use other than to 'change color'.

On a normal server, this takes 18 minutes to make, uses no unofficial events, and will never hit the 'too many events at once!' quota message. Compare a computer capable of this to the BlockBook, not some huge screen computer that uses 198,465 named bricks and 444,648,255,584 events at once.

that's not a computer, your computer doesn't drive you to town, does it?

I must try making something like that.