Author Topic: Bob-Omb Thread  (Read 2382 times)

Quote from: Old Topic
Bad news, I was on the milkshape trial when I made this so I couldn't save, I got the key today but my PC randomly booted overnight because I had left it open. Anyway, this could be inspiration for somebody to make this with their own model, I'm going to learn to model better before I try to remake this so I could maybe do it better.
No more :P. I bought milkshape and decided to remake it using a pic of the old model, its almost the same, the feet are rounder.

Words:

A Bob-Omb for you non-Mario people, is a common enemy from the mario series that is basically a walking bomb. The idea of it is that it's a wind-up mechanizm that charges at you with its fuse burning then explodes.

I was randomly modeling when I suddenly realized that it could be fun to run around as one of these and blow up people. I would get info on scripting it because I do not know how to script very well, and the goal of this is the model making and the animations.
This would be a player type.

Walking, Jumping, and Death animations - The farthest I've gotten is animating things in milkshape, and playing them there. I've never had something play through it in game, or had multiple animations.

Instead of jets, the Self Delete - Right click will Self Delete the Bob-Omb, but, whenever the Bob-Omb dies, it explodes. This is where the death animation would occer, and emit an explosion. The death animation will just be pieces going everywhere. For the right click, the fuse will burn for 5 seconds, then explode. This would just need a spark emitter at the top of the wick.

Pictures:

The Model:

The Model put into BL via the Mission editor, sadly the flatshading didn't work, but Ill sort that out. This is just to show an Ideal scale, easily changed.

If anyone wants to help with coding or advice for my issues, great. Posted this because it would be fun to play with as a player-type.

Things to Do:
Finish Model - Add wind-up on the back, Which will be followed by working out flatshading.
Animate each Part/Figure out animation fully
Script

Needed Suggestions:
Should I make the wind-up key on the back be floating in midair similar to the feet, this would keep the extremodies similar to blockhead style, and the feet, floating. Or should I have it be more like a key inside its back?
Tell me what size it should be, this could be cruicial to it being stealthy.
Also, the size of the explosion is critical, if we made it tiny but the explosion the size of the pillow on the bed, that would not make sense. It wouldn't make sense whatever size it was.

I will update the pics as soon as I get the key on the back so its worth posting new ones, and if I flatshade correctly.

Old topic was in Modification Help, Idk why so I locked and made a better one.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:52:03 AM by Zenthos »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:50:56 AM by Pew446 »

I have milkshape, Infact, right now I'm updating the first pic. Please don't say that, you'll get banned.

User: Predator
Serial: 5EdKb-lG22d3-d7dG1Dd

Help>About>Register
Isn't that against the rules?

Yes it is, you could be nice to pew and delete that quote before the hammer comes in :P.

Before anyone uses it...

Delete please... :(

Plus I read the rules http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=2856.0 And didn't see anything about it...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:04:39 AM by Pew446 »

3. No warez - Do not talk about pirating software at all.

3. No warez - Do not talk about pirating software at all.

Oh Idk what a warez is.

Oh look, he's offline, guess I'm gonna be banned. :(

If you want it to be a playermodel you would have to rig it up and animate it.

you eddited your post. Thus I doubt he'll care.

10 posts, not one on topic. Lets change that :D!

I still am trying to figure out this: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=72317.0

Remove the quote if you can to save yourself from being banned also.

10 posts, not one on topic. Lets change that :D!

I still am trying to figure out this: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=72317.0

Gimme the model in a PM, I bet I could do it for ya. Just wanna hole?

Nice. But it's spelled "bob-bomb".