Author Topic: THE END OF THE WORLD  (Read 11147 times)

I read both definitions. BOth apply, but my defense still fits as it was defined by the very source you cited. Theory is theory, otherwise it'd be called fact, no matter how many pieces of evidence provided. There is loads of evidence to support being resuscitated from cryogenics, yet we still have yet to figure it out. Still doesn't make it real.

Also blockbuilderboy, Where did I state I was in favor of one or the other? I'm simply stating that until we know for a fact what happened, both theories are still just theories. Secondly, the fact that you now have to go right to insults proves that you can't support your own argument and have lost this round. Back off with what little dignity you think you have before you really make a fool of yourself.

I love how most people think their atheists only out of the sake of it being a fad to rebel against religion/parents/authority/whatever you don't or care to try to understan,) to look cool to their peers. The fact that no one can prove either point, no matter what evidence we can push on each other is pointless because people will always keep their opinion and trying to force them to think otherwise is a fruitless endeavour.

I love how most people think their atheists only out of the sake of it being a fad to rebel against religion/parents/authority/whatever you don't or care to try to understan,)

I'm not an atheist because it's cool. I'm an atheist because my grandfather died for no reason and in a quite sudden matter. That was bad enough. Then, people started telling me that it was all part of God's plan, that He had a reason for everything. I simply refused to believe that something so cruel could exist, and I lost what little faith I had.

So your grandpa died and you blamed a thing you don't believe in. Makes perfect sense.

So your grandpa died and you blamed a thing you don't believe in. Makes perfect sense.

No, everyone around him said it was God's will, and he did not believe that was correct.

My father is an atheist and my mother is a Zoroastrian. I love them both, and they love me. I was a theist for a long time, but switched my views on my own. Maybe you shouldn't be so close minded, Rughugger? Calling us all immature teen rebels is not acting your age very well.

Everyone really needs to stop bring this up. It always turns into a war and pointless drama we don't need.

There's stuffloads more evidence then there is of intelligent design. Let's see - some loving entity came from nothing, created the world in 7 days, created everything instantly the way it is now, and now is in a magical skypalace where the good little girls and boys go when they die.

Right.

The biggest problem I have is the "loving" part. Christians love to boast about how much "Jesus Loves You". The Crusades spread love by raping and pillaging the Middle East. How many died for love in the English Civil War? How many still die in Ireland in the friendly little lovespreading between the Cathliocs and the Protestants? Do you think picketing solider's funerals (most of them Christians themselves) to spread your completey loving views on how people are dying because the loving entity doesn't like people having gay love or something? Do you think Fred Phelps loves the "cigarettes" he preaches against? Do you really think the loving entity cares how people worship him? If the loving entity loves us all so much, why does he let us die for the most forgeted up reasons imaginable? Why did my grandfather die, if Jesus the Almighty loves us all, when all he did was good? All in all, it's total bullstuff.

You, like most people, have this totally wrong.

First off, this "loving entity" didn't just come from nothing. God was always there. Before time, before space. That's what He created. There is evidence that nothing is the way it used to be when God created the earth. Firstly, the Bible states that a global flood happened. Floods usually result in the change of land. What would make that one any different? And heaven isn't a "magical skypalace where the good little girls and boys go when they die". You can't get to heaven on good deads. You can only get there by accepting that Jesus died on the cross and rose again, to forgive you of your sins. And believe me, being a Christian is hard.

As for the loving part, a lot of those people had it all wrong. The Bible says to "love your neighbor as yourself". That means no matter what. Yes, I believe that killing, homoloveualism (?), and a lot of other things are wrong, but I'm not going to "punish" those people by doing the things you said above. I'll let God take care of that when Judgement Day comes. Until them, I'm going to love on those people and show them Jesus's love through me. And as for "Why did my grandfather die, if Jesus the Almighty loves us all, when all he did was good?", the Bible says, "The wages of sin is death" and "All have fallen short of the glory of God (Meaning everyone has sinned)". That means that everyone will die because everyone has sinned at least once in their lifetime. But that doesn't keep you from the ultimate reward of eternal life.

Hey, let's call you out on ignorance. There have been experiments in evolution. See Darwin's work. Get a loving education.

Even Darwin denied his only theories at one point.

I'm not an atheist because it's cool. I'm an atheist because my grandfather died for no reason and in a quite sudden matter. That was bad enough. Then, people started telling me that it was all part of God's plan, that He had a reason for everything. I simply refused to believe that something so cruel could exist, and I lost what little faith I had.

Thorax, I have seen your blatant refusal to view things differently through our discussion over the PM system. You say that the bibles states like there was a flood, and you use that flood as evidence for the creation of the world by God. The problem with your reasoning is that there is no proof that the flood happened. The Bible is not a source of proof, and people who worship and cite it as so should "burn in hell" as you Christcigarettes put it. I've had enough with ignorance, and I am really beginning to get pissed off at people like you. Darwin denied his only theories because of the Church.

Also, Duckmeister, you called Catholics non-Christians. Nice arrogant move; Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, along with Baptism, Protestantism, etc.

So, you chose to be selfish and not accept the fact that he had a full life, many happy times and experiences, gave you chance for existence and now that he died and is off to an eternity of pure reward for a life serving himself, his family, his country, and his god? Nice to know you can think of others so well.

I never asked what religion your parents were, nor do I care. They aren't part of the discussion. And if you knew me, you'd know for a fact that I have one open mind. I'm simply putting a kid in his place because he has to resort to tired old religious insults that make no valid contribution to a topic at hand and for that, I'm immature. Right. You wouldn't know maturity because you have yet to earn it.

as you Christcigarettes put it. I've had enough with ignorance
No, you choose intolerance instead. Way to show how grown up you are. *applauds sarcastically*
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:32:59 PM by Rughugger »

Your posts in this thread really do not show an open mind. You're right about my maturity. I am only fifteen years old, but one can gain a lot of wisdom in those fifteen years. I will die a happy man knowing that religion has been phased out.

Thorax, I have seen your blatant refusal to view things differently through our discussion over the PM system. You say that the bibles states like there was a flood, and you use that flood as evidence for the creation of the world by God. The problem with your reasoning is that there is no proof that the flood happened. The Bible is not a source of proof, and people who worship and cite it as so should "burn in hell" as you Christcigarettes put it. I've had enough with ignorance, and I am really beginning to get pissed off at people like you. Darwin denied his only theories because of the Church.

Also, Duckmeister, you called Catholics non-Christians. Nice arrogant move; Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, along with Baptism, Protestantism, etc.

Did you even read what I wrote. And just so you know, I do think things over a lot. I think about how the world could have started and how the world will end. I've thought about it in the context of Evolution and the context of Creation. Personally, I believe in Creationism. I can't explain to you my experiences, my thought process. Heck, I can barely write down what I'm thinking. It'd be so much easier to explain my thoughts if I was talking face to face, yet I cannot. So I ask that you keep an open mind, like I have been trying to keep, and maybe you will get a glimps of how I think.

I am only fifteen years old, but one can gain a lot of wisdom in those fifteen years. I will die a happy man knowing that religion has been phased out.

Not a very wise thing to say...

Your posts in this thread really do not show an open mind. You're right about my maturity. I am only fifteen years old, but one can gain a lot of wisdom in those fifteen years. I will die a happy man knowing that religion has been phased out.
More intolerance. Someone knows they're loosing an argument and is desperately trying to side-step the topic at hand.
And I was speaking about blockbuilderman when I was referring about maturity. Way to take it personal when it wasn't about you.

Not wise for me to say that? Well, maybe it's just the opposite.

As for keeping an open mind, I said I was theist for most of my life. I believed in God for a long time and memorized prayers. I had a navjot. I did have a glimpse of how you think. People just don't seem to understand that I have been on both sides.

And Rughugger, don't get me started on religious intolerance.

I said I was theist for most of my life.

15 years isn't very long...

i have lol'd at this now.

Alright, call me out on my age if you don't have any other spiritual crap to spit out at me.

And Rughugger, don't get me started on religious intolerance.
Right, because you're an expert. Why teach the master?  :cookieMonster: Also, have you ever thought to ask me exactly what it is I believe in? No, you assumed in what I believe in and you assumed how heavy that infatuation was and got it wrong.

Remember what happens when you assume kiddies: (Ass/u/me) You make an ass out of you and me.