Author Topic: Advanced 3D Game Programming All in One  (Read 827 times)

I recently read Advanced 3D Game Programming All in One. it is a good book for learning the torque game engine (I brought for around ~$25 used). It covered many subjects (including sound!), but unknown to me when i brought it, every thing is in reference to the torque game engine (which was bad for me). It is about ~600 and something pages and you can get it at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592007333/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Do you think it covers TGEA? I have a copy of it and I could use some help with some stuff.

I have this book, it's more for a modder than an actual engine owner but it's useful for learning about torque's structure and common practices. If you can mod blockland well already and have the online resources, you can probably skip the book. Although it has been a great reference for me sometimes, and I'd be lying if I said I got nothing good out of it.

^^^^^ /agree

i have the book as well, didnt need it much for modding, but it is a good reference

I know of a better book (I think) it also has a preview, it's one of my online resources. I'm not about to shell out $50 for it though.

HERE IT IS

I have the original 3d game programming All in One book, not as advanced but still comes in alot of handy.

I know of a better book (I think) it also has a preview, it's one of my online resources. I'm not about to shell out $50 for it though.

HERE IT IS

I have that one too, it walks you through better but 3d all in one is more useful as a reference.