Author Topic: SOLVED: Hiding model parts during animation (Milkshape)  (Read 1300 times)

While animating a model, is there a way to hide portions of the model during the animation process so that they don't show up in game? (like the arrow on the bow model, when you shoot it.)

I am using Milkshape.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:35:25 AM by SolarFlare »

When you export with Torque DTS plus, Click the mesh you want to hide and hit Edit, top right there's Visibility at a certain frame. I've never used it myself but try playing with it.

This is extremely annoying. I cannot make an animation that rotates and positions a joint at the same time, it only seems to take into account position to the model, and doesn't rotate in-game like it should and appears to in Milkshape. Instead, it only performs the positioning, and not the rotation.

Have you updated your DTS Exporter? Sounds like some issues that you shouldn't have.

Have you updated your DTS Exporter? Sounds like some issues that you shouldn't have.
I've updated now, but now it hangs when I try to export my model.

EDIT: I got it exported, but it's still doing the same thing.

EDIT EDIT: got it working using blending, I came.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: the model seems to have strange lighting on certain parts and I have no idea why. It can't seem to decide which side of the model should be lit. Furthermore I cannot get this reload animation working, it resets the model after the first portion, which makes the second part of the animation forget up.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Well after some work I merged the reload animation into a single animation, so that's all working. The only thing left to fix is the strange lighting on the model which causes some parts to be lit on the left side on others to be lit on the right. What could possibly be going on during exporting?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:10:13 AM by SolarFlare »

If you're exporting via Blender I cannot help you. Check your mesh names as well, is it only effecting certain mesh groups?

If you're exporting via Blender I cannot help you. Check your mesh names as well, is it only effecting certain mesh groups?
Well it seems I can only fix this by merging a bunch of meshes into a single group, but this doubles the exported file size which is not acceptable.

There is a lighting problem when exporting woth blender, it has to do with scaling in object mode.
to fix it, in object mode, create a cube. Use ctrl J and join the cube to the revolver. then, go into edit mode, selct the cube and delete it. That should fix it, if not, try it more but do some things slightly differently, usually works for me.

I'm not using blender. where did everybody get the idea I was using blender? :o

Anyway I fixed this by merging groups in milkshape. It works now. The lighting and animations are now correct.

OH HURRDUURRUEIKGFSdjg

Goit it working using Blending

DURRR