Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 2283 times)

Despite initially being the least-anticipated item from Valve's Orange Box, first-person action/puzzle game Portal has gained a cult following since its release as part of the bundle last year. The title features a combination of fresh game mechanics, brilliant dark humor, some surprisingly memorable characters, and fun gameplay.

Portal's popularity has even extended to the ongoing Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, where Valve's peers awarded the game with the 2007 Game of the Year title in the GDC's 8th annual Game Developers Choice Awards. It's during an interview with G4TV about the nomination that Portal's lead designer, Kimberly Swift, revealed that a sequel to the game is in the works. Swift briefly stated, "Well, I believe Doug Lombardi, who's our lead marketing director at Valve, has announced Portal 2," revealing no other details.

Lombardi's only public announcement so far has been that "more Portal is definitely on the way," so Swift's statement effectively confirms that we'll see a proper sequel rather than just extra content for the existing title. There's no word yet on when Portal 2 is due, but considering Swift said the first game took two years to develop, the sequel may follow before the end of the decade. (Thanks to Shacknews for the tip.)
I hope it happens! :D Who else hopes so?

If they merge Portal and Half-life, and decide to end the Half-life series in that game in some epic way, I will send Valve my first born child.

If they merge Portal and Half-life, and decide to end the Half-life series in that game in some epic way, I will send Valve my first born child.
The storylines will converge.

The storylines will converge.

They already have, technically. In EP 2 Aperture Science is shown but I don't remember why.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:23:17 PM by Hifin »

The Borealis is an Apeture Science ship, at it's where the Heli at the end of Ep2 is headed for.

Since it's going to be a while for new Portal, anybody know of any good mappacks? Already got TFV and Prelude.

Since it's going to be a while for new Portal, anybody know of any good mappacks? Already got TFV and Prelude.
Get Portal Still Alive

Valve announced a prequel to Portal a while back.
:|

Prelude was crap. The first challenge shoves you infront of two turrets, dieing means lots of talky talky, the voices sounded like the love child of glados and microsoft sam and they promoted crouch jumping as an legit technique in one of the first few levels.

Yes, Prelude was terrible. TFV map pack is fun though, I'd recommend it.

Also the first level was four turrets.

That whole game was easy compared to the first challenge :c

Get Portal Still Alive

That's TFV mappack for the 360 with like 4 new levels.

what the heck is half life 2