Author Topic: fxSunLight Help  (Read 808 times)

Ace

I've been working on a skybox to put into a map I'm making. I've got all the images for the skybox sized correctly and I have a resource.dml file sitting in there, with all the image names in order. However, when I open up the map in Blockland, it crashes when it finishes loading the datablocks. I have no idea why this is happening, because all I did was change the images used for the skybox.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:54:55 PM by Ace »

What's your console? If that's not the problem it's probably an add-on or too many add-ons. Reinstall Blockland.

What format are the images?

Ace

The images are in .jpg format, just like all the other skyboxes.

Nevermind, I happened to get it working somehow. Now my next question is, how do I make the fog go away? I want a similar effect that is done in Slate, where the fog is not visible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:08:18 PM by Ace »

Look for Cloud or something like that and there is a fog section change one of those numbers to a higher number for it to be far

Ace

Look for Cloud or something like that and there is a fog section change one of those numbers to a higher number for it to be far
This is not the solution. By the way, I did happen to find a solution to this as well.

I'm not sure if it can be done in the mission editor or not, but if you open up the .mis file, go to the area for the sky and look for
Code: [Select]
      renderBottomTexture = "0";
      noRenderBans = "0";
Change the 0 to 1 on both of them.

God damnit now I have a new problem. I've created an fxSunLight in my map, but for some reason, I cannot change it's location in regards to elevation/azimuth.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:55:28 PM by Ace »

Ace

An answer to this question would be greatly appreciated.
I've created an fxSunLight in my map, but for some reason, I cannot change it's location in regards to elevation/azimuth.

It's probably locked to the real sun, turn off locked to real sun or something like that.

Ace

It's probably locked to the real sun, turn off locked to real sun or something like that.
Turning that off does nothing, it still locks to the sun regardless.