Author Topic: Devvy996 - Script Stealer  (Read 1443 times)

Earlier today, someone posted one of my non-widespread add-ons in the add-ons forum, and claimed they found it on Google. I decided to search for it, and I only found one link:

That's the same file name as the one I made, so I downloaded it and opened it up. It's the exact same script, down to the bloody spacing of the code; all he did was put his name in the author field of description.txt and where I usually tag my .cs files:

//> ===>
//> Title: BuildChar
//> Author: Devvy996
//> ===>

Look familiar, anyone?

Not only that, but further down in that topic he posted on whatever forum that was, NiXiLL had accused him of stealing the script I made. Devvy then responded by saying he made it, just "looked at others for references". Copypasta'ing then just replacing my name with yours and the command @BT with []DMD[Print] does not make it your add-on. You're claiming credit for something that isn't yours.

Profile link:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=11249

I'm pretty sure Devvy isn't capable of making such a thing.

:o What did the script do?

I'm pretty sure Devvy isn't capable of making such a thing.

Either way,

It's the exact same script, down to the bloody spacing of the code; all he did was put his name in the author field of description.txt and where I usually tag my .cs files.

:o What did the script do?
What does it do?

You type @BT Hello World! or something and it builds whatever you typed after @BT using your ghost brick. Rather nifty.

Eh, no edit, but it's a client-sided script, meaning it can be used on any server.

Oh I remember that script.

You demonstrated it to me on Randomguy's server.

You showed Polymer and I this the other day.
In fact, I should have a screenie of it.

People have also been getting a hold of my add-ons. PM me a webstie link to whatever that is? I want to see who posted it. Also, if anyone can find the H1-Heedical download for me, it would be a great help. I want to know who got the smart idea to release a broken add-on of mine.

Just found the forums that was at :O

I was talking to him on some server, he's a loving prick.

He continued to denie the fact that he put his name the creator spot because there was no spot for that, and he just edited it. If thats the fact, in that spot he should have put; Devvy996 (All credit to Truce, I just sped this up.)

FFFFFFFF

He should have his hands chopped off, and then hung by the neck untill dead.

What? I like medieval punishement.