Author Topic: Poly Count out the Window  (Read 1816 times)

I expect that more polys = larger file size
Well imagine a model a list of points on an XYZ grid.

Torque Pro Show Tool tells you "Detailed Polys", I use it to find poly counts of newly released add-ons.

How to have less polys then? I'm curious to know this for any future model(s) i make

Delete polys and don't use so many in the first place.

Delete polys and don't use so many in the first place.
Hm, will do :D

Poly count can be seen in the program used to make the model.

RTB quality standards have gotten noticeably more strict from v2 to v3. If you report that blaster i'll take a look at it later and probably bargain bin it (cant look right now, at work)
I have noticed.  but some things don't make sense.

eg: 2 faces.
Bargain bin:

Normal:

This.

eg: 2 faces.
Bargain bin:
-picture-

Normal:
-picture-
If I had to take a guess at why the first is in the bargain bin and the second isn't, I'd say it's because the first is a simple edit of a default face, while the second is completely different. The first one still looks better though.

Just gonna put my opinion in: "If it is simple, cool, and effective it has my vote"

Your highly detailed things just don't do it for me, sorry. I would rather have a rectangle with a handle that makes the server easier to use than a cool looking gun being held by someone killing me where as I don't get enough of a chance to see it anyway.

Some things aren't meant to be noticeable. For example, some weapons are so 'big and cool' they block the view. Harder to use it that case.

Just gonna put my opinion in: "If it is simple, cool, and effective it has my vote"

Your highly detailed things just don't do it for me, sorry. I would rather have a rectangle with a handle that makes the server easier to use than a cool looking gun being held by someone killing me where as I don't get enough of a chance to see it anyway.

Some things aren't meant to be noticeable. For example, some weapons are so 'big and cool' they block the view. Harder to use it that case.

Quality and functionality don't have to be mutually exclusive, you can afford to set the bar higher as to what add-ons you'll download.

If I had to take a guess at why the first is in the bargain bin and the second isn't, I'd say it's because the first is a simple edit of a default face, while the second is completely different. The first one still looks better though.
There's a whole package of simple default face edits in the decals section, and most of the stuff wasn't even remade, like his goggles, they are just clippets of other default faces.  At least he did the work on the goggles :c

-snip-
Hey look my face :D.

Anyway yeah, i don't get whats with RTB, mine shouldn't be in the Bargain Bin

I said hai to Packer.

Hey look my face :D.
Yep :D
It's a perfect example to show that RTB mod's are smoking something.