Author Topic: Fuel / gas  (Read 1461 times)

somebody should make a fuel like substance that acts like a liquid and when you light it by any mean's (lighter,flamethrower, nearby explosion ,etc ) it should start fast but then slowdown. and for the best result act to diffrently things diffrent a tree burns medium and grass burns a bit slower and is you add enought you can light the surface of water like roman fire. sounds hard but if made it would be the best thing in blockland.   

Belongs in Suggestions & Requests.

Lets see the problems with this idea.
-Loads of lag
-Grass is a emitter. Not a solid object.
-Trees are brick builds
-Explosions are explosions. I dont believe you can assign an explosion to anything than explode. So explosions wouldnt really be able to light anything on fire
-People would leave the fuel/gas all over the map and never let it go. Causing useless datablocks.
Belongs in Suggestions & Requests.
And this too

i know it will cause lag im not saying leave it there forever just like 60 sec or less / once they poured some like 1gal then it start to soak up the old and put it back in the can. and on top if that im not saying have it for everything just special levels with special bricks.

i know it will cause lag im not saying leave it there forever just like 60 sec or less / once they poured some like 1gal then it start to soak up the old and put it back in the can. and on top if that im not saying have it for everything just special levels with special bricks.

w...wut?

Next time somebody says "Belongs in suggestions and requests", that doesn't mean make a new topic with the exact same idea :\

you mean Greek fire?
also,VERY LAGGY for this to work

-Loads of lag
-Trees are brick builds
-Explosions are explosions. I dont believe you can assign an explosion to anything than explode. So explosions wouldnt really be able to light anything on fire
-People would leave the fuel/gas all over the map and never let it go. Causing useless datablocks.
- Maybe
- True
- Still could be set on "fire"
- False, you can do it

im closing this post but leaving the one in suggestions & ideas.

I love how everyone just goes LAGAgagagagaaslaggyy

-Loads of lag
-Trees are brick builds
-People would leave the fuel/gas all over the map and never let it go. Causing useless datablocks.And this too

You are stupid.
- depends how much there is.
- yes, it is.
- and? you can still set it on fire handicap.
- You can.
- It shouldn't use more than one datablock from what I know, since datablocks is just something the server loads on startup and it wont add more while playing.

Badspot

• Administrator
I love how everyone just goes LAGAgagagagaaslaggyy
People just look for any excuse to say that an idea is impossible so they can shoot it down.  Usually the people who do this have never created anything in their lives.  This idea is completely do-able if you take the time to program it properly.  Postal 2 did it years ago. 

You know nothing of scripting.

-People would leave the fuel/gas all over the map and never let it go.
Well golly gee I guess you'd have to program in some kind of limit.

Causing useless datablocks.
You do not know what a datablock is. 

and therefore it is possible!!!(so now all we need is a competent scripter)

if anyone does it let me know it would be cool and everything it is possible as posted in this thread so maybe we cant do   everything on such a large scale but you don't set you standards low thats stupid and you get nothing done so for now we get a scripter to do

1: make a gas can

2: make a limit for the gas that can be used

3: make gas that can light on fire

i used to play roblox to help me script but im still not that good so i guess this post goes dead until its made.

People just look for any excuse to say that an idea is impossible so they can shoot it down.  Usually the people who do this have never created anything in their lives.  This idea is completely do-able if you take the time to program it properly.  Postal 2 did it years ago. 

You know nothing of scripting.
You do not know what a datablock is. 
Wooh I was right! :D

I loving lol'd.