Author Topic: Allow Scripters To Pick Default Weapon Model  (Read 578 times)

With several weapons I've tried to make or use, the automatic method of picking weapon models doesn't seem to work well and seems to default to a Printer for almost everything that isn't an "Axe" or "Bronze Sword".

"TF2 Butterfly Knife", a melee weapon, appears as a Printer when a Sword would be more understandable
"The Huntsman", a special type of bow, appears as a Printer when the Bow model would be more useful
SolarFlare's "Revolver" appears as a Printer when a Gun would be more useful, especially for the reload animations
"Invisibility Watch", a tool, appears as a Printer - I'd like to set it to a Gun with downloading off since the "Fire" animation on it is useful to use for the 'cloaking' animation
Things like a "Bomb Defuser" would be handy as a Wand or a Wrench if the model is unavailable since it's easier to see that it's a close-up tool rather than a gun
For the Army Man player type, the alternate models appear off to your side for no reason and in mid-air. Perhaps allowing people to pick different offsets/eyeoffsets for these would work, too.

I'm just suggesting that modders be allowed to pick the default weapon model displayed with Download Item Shapes off. (Empty, Hammer, Wrench, Printer, Wand, Normal/Trans Spray Can, Bow, Sword, Gun, Spear and Rocket Launcher) If not defined or set to something invalid it'd use the normal picking method.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:03:53 AM by Space Guy »

I know what you mean.

I hate having to throw printers, and stab people with guns.

With the HE grenade you throw exploding hammers at people >:U